• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Pen's WIP's for Dawn

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So I thought it's probably about time I posted a wip thread. I have a number of things on the go at the moment so of which I would like to get some feedback on so here goes...

1. Outfit for Sora and my Fae character for her.
Please note: The shaders are not mine...I do not have a texture created for this yet!
At the moment there are 8 pieces to this outfit including a skirt, overskirt, corset, sleeves, scarf, leg warmers, star and boots. Shaders are just to give an indication of what it could like with texturing and for checking the uv maps. Scarf, sleeves and leg warmers are still very much a work in progress and will need some additional modelling and uv work.
Anime outfit.jpg

2. My morph for Sora which currently I'm just calling Sora Fae so I need to come up with a proper name for her...my aim is to do a couple of different skins for her including a normal anime style(not photoreal), green and possibly also a purple skin.
This is her base texture with Diva's eyes. This image includes Sora, Sora Large eyes plus my SoraFae morph and Ears.
base texture.jpg

As some of you may have seen in the Dawn thread this is the beginning of the green texture which I've been creating in ZBrush from scratch and still needs a lot of work. I'm looking specifically for input on how you'd like to see this develop...
Zbrush screen grab
ZBRUSH VIEW copy.jpg

DS render...I think I may also need to play with some of the settings in the surface tab here as well as adjusting the texture.
character portrait.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Ram...these are the projects I'm actively working on. Hopefully the webinars coming up will help me to get them finished.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Looking good. I like the outfit, not only does it look good as a set, but the different pieces could make useful accessories as well.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Gadget Girl...I was wondering if it needs a cap of some sort. I was thinking along the lines of an aviator styled cap(steam punk type) but I'm not sure.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thought I'd add some more wip images as I've been working on Deidre today. The materials are still being worked on and there is some oddness around the lips due to the specular for the lips needing a proper mask. First two are fantasy faces...that I'm considering including.
DeidreFace with ears on Dawn stardust needs lip mask bluehair.jpg

DeidreFace with ears on Dawn stardustb needs lip mask bluehair.jpg

No freckles...
DeidreFace with ears on Dawn no frecklesneeds lip mask bluehair.jpg

Freckles 3 variations
DeidreFace with ears on Dawn no freckles 3 needs lip mask bluehair.jpg

DeidreFace with ears on Dawn no freckles 2 needs lip mask bluehair.jpg

DeidreFace with ears on Dawn no freckles 1 needs lip mask bluehair.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks...I really like the freckles and the no makeup which I intend to keep for this character except for the fantasy makeups.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Coming along nicely Pen. I like the 5th image down with the freckles. A nice lite smattering is what I dig!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nicely done Pen, and I have to agree with Richard about the "light" freckles. Keep up the good work on this. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks everyone...I like the freckles the best also. None of the versions are as heavy as freckles can be and I also purposely didn't put freckles on the body. We have Satira's lovely Aine and I didn't want them to be too similar in that regard.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So I've been working on the base texture for my Fae character for Sora. This is just the base...still needs some tidying up and settings. This is an Iray render...hair used Sylphiad and wings are Mada's with NA's great textures.
I hope I've covered everything that needs to be covered...the green shows up as much darker in ZBrush, so I probably need to play with the settings some in DS.
sorafae greenbase complete glossy layered weight point 50 posed.jpg