• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Pen's WIP's for Dawn

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
The way they keep pushing up the pension age, I think those currently leaving school are going to be dead before they even reach retirement (assuming they can find a job in the first place).

Hornet3d

Wise
The way they keep pushing up the pension age, I think those currently leaving school are going to be dead before they even reach retirement (assuming they can find a job in the first place).

I honestly fear for the generations behind me as I do see a bleak future. True many will live a lot longer than my generation but at some point body and mind will give up, at least for a few generations yet. My wife and I have no children but we both have niecies all of whom are extremely hard working but also have little chance of buying a house and work at least two jobs to be able to afford rent. They have no free cash to be able to pay for a private pension and while the employers do have pension schemes they are often the minimum required by law. Despite my concerns over my own state pension I was lucky enough to live at a time when final salary pensions schemes were quite easy to find. With such schemes every year you subscribed you purchased a percentage of your final salary when your retired. Most allowed you to build up 60% - 80% of your final salary. Mine was 65% and I was extremely lucky to be on a very nice salary by the time I retired. Despite the fact I retired early and the fact that company went bust (not before paying all the top management massive bonuses) I I still get more from that scheme than the maximum I could possibly get from my state pension.

The pension situation is not the full story though, I started my career with an apprenticeship when they used such to train you and not as cheap labour or an office tea boy for a year or so. My career spanned almost 30 years with just two companies and another 16 years doing odd jobs after changing my life/work balance. Despite being made redundant four times I was only unemployed on two occasions, once for four months and the second time for three weeks. The four months could have been shorter but as I was looking for much lower pay in exchange for less world travel I had difficulty convincing potential employers I was serious. Otherwise I found finding jobs relatively easy. Today there are very few real apprenticeships, all of the nieces have been unemployed more times than I ever was and for three of them have already had more jobs, none has a pension and as the retirement age is already scheduled to rise to 69 it is anyone's guess as to when or if they will retire.

If that were not bad enough, my generation will leave them with a world in a dire state thanks to so many things related to our lifestyle all of which explains to a large extent as to why my wife and I do not have kids.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I originally posted this in Pommerlis's thread in response to a post in that thread. It's since been moved here so it doesn't take her thread off topic. Just to give people context on why it was posted.
A couple of years back I was working on a character for Dawn, Diva and Luna. Which I thought I'd changed Luna's base texture sufficiently to use as a merchant's resource but discovered I hadn't. I was really annoyed with myself for having stuffed up so despite having fixed the problem I decided to leave it until I was more capable of doing a texture from scratch. I haven't done anything since because the name Deidre has since been used for Dawn and I couldn't face changing the name and the work entailed.
The main reason I've posted this was it included a morph to make Luna bigger and give her all her teeth. Deidre was never meant to be used as a human character with Luna without the 3 year old morph as it would mean she'd have a full set of teeth. That said it would work really well if you wanted to do a chubby fairy with her including animal teeth or normal teeth . I did the size morph as a separate slider so it would be able to do this.

I don't know if there would be any interest in me eventually completing this product.

diva deidre and baby luna.jpg
Diva deidre and luna with deidre.jpg

Diva deidre and luna with deidre teeth.jpg

Last edited:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Pen,

If you are referring to my character for Dawn, she is Deirdre, not Deidre, so I don't see a conflict.

I'd love to see you complete your project.

Since this is Pom's WIP, do you need these posts moved to Pen's WIP's for Dawn?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Are you sure Satira? I don't want to tread on your toes? And yes that can be done but my post was in reaction to the discussion here about toddlers.
My apologies to Pom for posting in her thread.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
She's looking great Pen. I like her with teeth, and I'd like to see you finish this project. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Satira!

Thanks Miss B. I only have files for DS so it will take a bit of time as I will need to install Poser.