• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Pen's WIP's for Dawn

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I like the 2nd image with the ears the best. If you wanted something a little more different, you could go into head scale and elongate or compress around the Y scale and narrow or widen around the X or add in the nationalities.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I like the render with the ears too, especially the slight profile, as it presents a nice diagonal line from chin point to tip of ear. I know, no one has such a symmetrically shaped head in R/L, but for a 3D character, I think it gives her some dignity, even though that might not be what you're going for, but I like it. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
What I was worrying about was that she is different enough from Sora. I think I might do some work on the mouth and also maybe the eyes. I don't want to change her too much as she is a character built from Sora so she needs to retain some similarities while still being different.

Thanks for the input.

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
Lovely work Pendraia! I really love the outfit with all of the intricate pieces. I am looking forward to seeing it hit the store. I have this Drow texture that I did up for Dawn in DS and I think this outfit would be a perfect fit :)

Also, I sent you a PM.

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Aether, iirc it still needs a fair amount of work, but happy to do what you suggested in the email.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Long time since I posted here...too many things were happening including losing data to a problem with one of the external drives.

Just started working on some morphs that I thought might fit into the sweet deals category. The set consists of two morphs no textures. After playing with Nisha on Diva I might work on doing a similar set for Diva as I quite like the way Nisha look combined with Diva but there were a couple of things that would need fixing. Also Ninia is a bit to strong to work well with Diva so these two are meant for Dawn only.

Ninia 3 Delight render using Virtualworlds African skin
Ninia.jpg

and Nisha wearing her Asian skin. Iray render
Nisha.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
I assume you'll only be making them available for DS. In any case, I'm sure folks will want them.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
At the moment I don't have Poser installed. If I did I'd probably do them for both but just thinking about installing it makes my head ache let alone using it.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Long time since I posted here...too many things were happening including losing data to a problem with one of the external drives.

Just started working on some morphs that I thought might fit into the sweet deals category. The set consists of two morphs no textures. After playing with Nisha on Diva I might work on doing a similar set for Diva as I quite like the way Nisha look combined with Diva but there were a couple of things that would need fixing. Also Ninia is a bit to strong to work well with Diva so these two are meant for Dawn only.

Ninia 3 Delight render using Virtualworlds African skin
View attachment 38946

and Nisha wearing her Asian skin. Iray renderView attachment 38947
Would love to see this on Diva!! However, I like both of them for Dawn too!

Hornet3d

Wise
I know the name of that game. I'm in need of a new computer, so I'll be doing that soon enough, and I'm not looking forward to it at all, so I can empathize.

I am in a similar position but my new computer has been put on hold thanks to a delay sorting out both my state pension and my works pension. Mind you the works pension saga has been running for nine years and all the time I am on a reduced pension but after nine years I am not really holding my breath. I was hoping my state pension would be easier but it looks like I will be penalised because I invested money to have a works pension and I will also end up being taxed. makes me wonder why I ever bothered putting extra money away for my retirement. That assumes of course that they actually start paying it at some point.

Hornet3d

Wise
Sorry to hear that Hornet. We cant get pensions until 67 these days.

I am one of the last that qualifies at 65 as all retirement ages are going up in the UK but I am also in the batch that is part of a new way of calculating the pension, it is meant to be simpler so the previous must have been mind boggling complex. Other than not knowing what I am going to get, not understanding the process or when it will be payed I have been kept well informed. Not helping is my work pension had issues when the company failed and it has taken nine years so far to run through the courts to see how much the pension fund gets from the assets. I have been on a reduced pension all that time but people in a similar situation have lost it all. Seems wrong that the workers can pay into a pension scheme for years and then the company folds and some walk away with full pensions and all their bonuses and the workers get nothing but I will leave it there as this is close to getting political. End result is my new computer is on hold and I just have my fingers crossed the present one will struggle on a little longer.

Miss B

CV-BEE
We cant get pensions until 67 these days.
They changed that here in the States, but they only changed the amount you'd get, so when I decided to retire at 60, I got my pension, but it wasn't the full amount I would've gotten had I waited. Back then they had changed it so if you were born after 1938, you had to wait until you were 66 to get the full amount, and a number of years after I retired, they changed it to 67. Not sure what the age to get your full pension is now-a-days.

I decided to take the smaller amount as I was getting it at least 6 years earlier, so that if I had waited to get it at 66 (or 67) it would take until I was about 72 (or 73) before I had received the same accumulated amount I had been receiving from age 60. In the long run it worked out OK for me, because I decided to sign up for Social Security at age 62, instead of waiting until I was 65, so I only had to dip into my savings for about 20 months. Once I started getting Soc. Sec., everything went back to normal.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Superannuation started at 60 here but was raised to 65 and it's still that but there's talk of raising it higher. Three more years for me.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
We have super here but at 67 if eligible you can get a pension. Im hoping to reduce hours next year to 4 days instead of 5 but we will have to see what our retirement advisor thinks...he sounded positive at the start of the year.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The 1983 Social Security Amendments changed the retirement age for full benefits to increment over a period of time from 65 to 67 based on birth year. Beginning with those born in 1938, full retirement age was increased to 65 and 2 months. From 1938 until 1942, full retirement age increments by 2 months each birth year. From 1943 until 1954, full retirement age is 66. Full retirement age again begins increasing by 2 months every year from 1955 until 1960, when full retirement age reaches 67. For anyone born in 1960 and thereafter, full retirement age is 67.

Hornet3d

Wise
My wife has had the biggest change in that some years ago her retirement age would have been 60 and at that time men retired at 65. They decided to harmonise the retirement age so my wife's retirement age was moved to 65 and since then 67. The men's age has increased since as well but I was close enough to retirement not to be affected. Problem was they changed the way they calculate the pension as well in that you used to have to have paid 30 years contributions but then around the late nineties they added another payment so that could increase your pension but you had the option to opt out of this extra payment if you had a good final salary pension scheme with your company. I did so I opted out. They then changed the rules to say you needed to have paid 35 years contributions for the basic amount which is added to if you paid into the enhanced pot but.......if you did not pay into the enhanced pot they deduct an amount based on you payment with 35 years contribution. Now, because I have a works pension I will also be taxed on my state pension so they will give with one hand and take back 20% with the other.

I guess what bug me the most is that I am a week away from my 65 birthday and I still cannot find out if it will be paid, what will be paid and when if it is. This will have a major impact on my way of life if not paid so it is a worry. I am already on a reduced pension as I said, I retired early at the age of 55 on a reduced rate as I had been made redundant but I did not foresee my company, which was a large International company, going bust a few years later. This resulted in a protracted run through the courts and a further reduction on my already reduced pension which has already run for nine years.

I guess what bugs me the most is the not knowing and being taxed because I used some of my salary when I was working to try and protect my future. It now looks as though that was a total waste of money because all the benefit I paid for will be offset by deductions in my state pension. This on top of the fact that since the banking crisis I have already lost pretty well all of the interest I used to get on my small savings.

Sorry for the rant everyone, it is unusual for me to be so negative but I am just not looking forward to the future right at them moment and retirement seems to be turning from an aspiration to a nightmare.