• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Okay, Poser is just messing with me now. . .

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I've been trying very hard to work on several of my projects, and more and more strange things keep happening. I've been fighting with some cloth sims, trying to find cloth settings that work the way I want and nothing has been working. I was starting to feel that I'd never get this project done because I knew nothing about what I was doing at all, and why was I even trying to make content. . . :tantrum: But I tried to soldier on, and since along the way I got my camera orbited at a funny angle I went to reposition it manually.

:oopsie: I went back and checked, just in case in some strange way I had managed to clothify my camera (I'm not even sure what that would mean) and no, I hadn't. I think it's time to restart the computer and pretend none of this ever happened. But hey, at least I have a screen shot to prove I'm not crazy, and maybe I do know what I'm doing after all. It's just Poser that doesn't.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Sadly, since the latest update, I regret Poser has been messing with everybody. Last night I spent over three hours checking out some new models I've just installed. A job which should have taken no more than an hour, if that! Long blanks from the library switching between different runtimes, hot key buttons which no longer work, failing to respond when I tried to start a render and on. To be honest I've given up working with it until the new update (supposedly to fix things which shouldn't be broken) arrives within the next few days hopefully. Keep the faith dear lady, you are not alone! :cry:

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Once again proof that computers hate us. My son, my IT go-to guy, is convinced they are sentient and just biding their time. I'm just thankful that thus far they still require electricity. If they are ever produced not requiring the plug in the wall, we're doomed I tell you, DOOMED!!!

eclark1894

Visionary
So I've been trying very hard to work on several of my projects, and more and more strange things keep happening. I've been fighting with some cloth sims, trying to find cloth settings that work the way I want and nothing has been working. I was starting to feel that I'd never get this project done because I knew nothing about what I was doing at all, and why was I even trying to make content. . . :tantrum: But I tried to soldier on, and since along the way I got my camera orbited at a funny angle I went to reposition it manually.

:oopsie: I went back and checked, just in case in some strange way I had managed to clothify my camera (I'm not even sure what that would mean) and no, I hadn't. I think it's time to restart the computer and pretend none of this ever happened. But hey, at least I have a screen shot to prove I'm not crazy, and maybe I do know what I'm doing after all. It's just Poser that doesn't.

There's a little quirk that happens on my mac in Poser 2012 AND 2014 where the camera goes all wonky and tilts at an odd angle. I've emntioned it, but never filed a report about it. When this happens I can render anything. The render window basically goes gray if I try. and Poser won't let me change body parts or anything. Usually at this point I have to restart Poser to get it working again. I don't know why I put up with it to be honest, but I do. Oddly, it only seems to be a Mac thing since my PC laptop hasn't had the problem. Of course, I don't render nearly as much on my laptop since most of my intact library is on my Mac, so I may just not have noticed.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
adly, since the latest update, I regret Poser has been messing with everybody.

It's funny, because when SR3 first came out, it behaved great for me. It's slowly been getting worse. Luckily it sounds like the next update is on it's way, so I may just work in some other programs for now, and come back to Poser after the update.

Once again proof that computers hate us. My son, my IT go-to guy, is convinced they are sentient and just biding their time. I'm just thankful that thus far they still require electricity. If they are ever produced not requiring the plug in the wall, we're doomed I tell you, DOOMED!!!

Intelligent sewing machines are my great fear. Seriously, how the heck do sewing machine's work? I mean I can use one very well, but how do two unconnected threads magically make straight lines that hold fabric together? And surgers, those are even more mysterious, and they have knives. Yep, it's when the sewing machines become intelligent that we are doomed.

There's a little quirk that happens on my mac in Poser 2012 AND 2014 where the camera goes all wonky and tilts at an odd angle.

Actually I was responsible for the camera going to a wonky angle. But it shouldn't have become dynamic. I think what actually happened is that Poser becomes unresponsive. It doesn't freeze the way a normal program does, but it's as if there is a disconnect between what it's showing and what it's doing. After I went into the cloth room to check if I somehow had magically clothified the camera, then returned to pose room, my camera showed the correct parameters. So I think maybe only the name at the top changed, but it was still showing me the parameters for the last prop I had clicked.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I think what actually happened is that Poser becomes unresponsive. It doesn't freeze the way a normal program does, but it's as if there is a disconnect between what it's showing and what it's doing.

It is true that Poser has never been completely comfortable with Windows. It's a little quirk which goes all the way back to Larry Weinberg. Where other (normal?) programs crash, Poser just stops working - period! Thats why regular and frequent saves are an essential part of the workflow, as I've found to my cost previously. The grey outs when Poser stops responding, especially since I installed SR3 are a mystery to me, together with all the other little quirks it seems to have acquired recently. When it happens I have this vision of an increasingly frustrated Andy the Manniquin running round in circles screaming, "What'll I do?, WHAT'LL I DO?" Interestingly enough, last night I decided to install Studio 4.9 to keep going until the next Poser upgrade (hopefully) fixes the problem. All went well until halfway through the install - then it crashed! As Lorraine says, "WE'RE DOOMED, WE'RE A' DOOMED!"

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Funny thing is, a friend once asked me what to do when her computer was acting weird, and she couldn't get it to work properly. I told her to pull the plug. We do have the final word on that score. :D

eclark1894

Visionary
Funny thing is, a friend once asked me what to do when her computer was acting weird, and she couldn't get it to work properly. I told her to pull the plug. We do have the final word on that score. :D
That's the ultimate last minute save when the computer wizard realizes he can't stop the bomb in time.

quietrob

Extraordinary

Too late. They are called laptops, they have achieved sentience and are preparing the Matrix. I hope they make me something important. Like an actor.

Hmm, didn't I see that cat before. Must be deja vu.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, you can still "pull the plug" so to speak on a laptop. I just tilt it up and pop the battery. :rofl:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yesterday I found out that changing a light color by ALT-clicking the color swatch ends up also changing the targeted spotlight position. By reporting this to SMS, I have once again delayed the release of SR-4. SMS is committed to fix as most as possible for this upcoming release, and I guess that's a good thing. :)