• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Next year for Poser /DAZ Studio I would really like a .......

Lyrra Madril

Eager
Contributing Artist
I would really like
an elk, with tack (and riding poses for various figures)
bishounen style male characters
rock and ground shaders with normals and displacement
More skydome textures

What do you really want for Poser/DS next year?

LM

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Well, for 3D in general, I'd like a set of plain, detailed textures at a usable scale for the intended items. For instance, painted wood with normal variation for molding and furniture and _no_ grunge_. Painted walls. Plain, solid, realistic clothing textiles, for things like white and grey t-shirts, plain cotton dress shirts, plain skirts and pants. Finished woods with that slight variation in the surface due to the brush strokes and wood grain. Metal variations to show natural wear, but not grunge, as on a used kitchen knife or a well-kept sword.

For most of these, I've found _no_ resources at all. You can find lots of heavily grunged, heavily distressed, and/or brightly (and oddly) patterned textures. Basically anything with lots of obvious and high contrast variations and details. But textures with the kind of subtle details that make the difference between a table surface looking real and looking fake? I've _never_ found something for that in all my years of searching.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
An extra 24 hours in the day so I can do and learn everything I want to do would be nice. Never enough time...

A good merchant resource set for Dusk other than the original base texture. I have a great beard set from rendo!

But really time is the thing I need the most of. I have tutorials that I haven't had chance to work my way through...

For Poser, I'd still really like a cute, toon seagull and parrot. And a realistic non-toon hedgehog.

More poses and textures for the Hivewire house cat.

More clothes for Kiki

For scenes for Poser:

A realistic lunchroom with serving area

A realistic convenience store with interior and exterior.

It's small, but I was recently looking for hand-held can opener for Poser and couldn't find one.

Some pots and pans with liquid and food contents have adjusted levels would be awesome.

For resources, a nice set of .PNGs with animal stripes and other markings would be nice. Felines, you name it.

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Chris's deer!

A set of feathers of different sizes to use on wings- the pre made wings always look weird in some spots... and with the newest amber fossil of feathered dinosaurs proving that at * least* some of them were not pebbly skinned and bald - we really need a 3 d feathered Dino!

eclark1894

Visionary
For scenes for Poser:

A realistic convenience store with interior and exterior.

It's small, but I was recently looking for hand-held can opener for Poser and couldn't find one.

Some pots and pans with liquid and food contents have adjusted levels would be awesome.
I think ShareCG might have a convenience store on it somewhere. I downloaded a scene like that, I still should have it on my Mac somewhere. Only problem is everything is in Japanese.

spearcarrier

Admirable
Toon hair. Lots. Of. Toon Hair.
Optitex to pick up the ball they dropped and improve the dynamics engine they've got the monopoly on for DAZ. (So many things could be added... and before you ask, no. I hate VWD. Just no.)
Center of gravity for DAZ, as well. I've put that on my request list to them for two years running. LOL
To find time to learn Poser better: I gots it. I only use it for the cloth room(s).
Did I mention toon hair yet?

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Toon hair. Lots. Of. Toon Hair.
Optitex to pick up the ball they dropped and improve the dynamics engine they've got the monopoly on for DAZ. (So many things could be added... and before you ask, no. I hate VWD. Just no.)
Center of gravity for DAZ, as well. I've put that on my request list to them for two years running. LOL
To find time to learn Poser better: I gots it. I only use it for the cloth room(s).
Did I mention toon hair yet?

Well the good news is that Hivewire has some toon hair comping out, soonish I think. Anime Dawn Begins!!

Also, I'm not a DS user, but I know there are a couple dynamic plugins for DS out there, that people have had good luck with. Wish I could remember what they are called, but the fact that other people are developing stuff for dynamics in DS may mean that the built in support picks up some. So hopefully you'll get some of the items off your wish list.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
There's three now from memory. There is the optitex one, then there are two that were released at rendo.

Dyncreator which converts props to dynamic which you then use in Optitex and VWD which I haven't bought yet but Vortigen Bane does use to great effect.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Bridge between DS and Poser. Some tiny server to translate geometries and geometry modifications back and forth. To get rid of exports-imports.

Hornet3d

Wise
An extra 24 hours in the day so I can do and learn everything I want to do would be nice. Never enough time...

A good merchant resource set for Dusk other than the original base texture. I have a great beard set from rendo!

But really time is the thing I need the most of. I have tutorials that I haven't had chance to work my way through...

I would like the extra 24 hours in a day, even though I think is still might not be enough. If not extra hours then a clone of me would be good so I could spend time learning all I want to in the 3D world and still not miss put on time spent with my wife and my dog.

After that my wishes are simple, more of everything for Dawn and Dusk.

I think ShareCG might have a convenience store on it somewhere. I downloaded a scene like that, I still should have it on my Mac somewhere. Only problem is everything is in Japanese.

Thanks. I don't do a lot of freebie hunting these days. Now that I'm a vendor, and do a lot of "ads" and "promos," I often steer clear of freebies, actually.