• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

New Year's Resolutions

eclark1894

Visionary
Since the new year is only 7 days old as I write this, I thought this would be a good time to ask everyone what their new year's resolutions will be for 2017.

I resolve to get at least one project completely done and into a store this year. Got some interesting stuff I'm working on, plus, I haven't forgotten the other projects I've got on hold.:coding:

Me195

Extraordinary
Since the new year is only 7 days old as I write this, I thought this would be a good time to ask everyone what their new year's resolutions will be for 2017.

I resolve to get at least one project completely done and into a store this year. Got some interesting stuff I'm working on, plus, I haven't forgotten the other projects I've got on hold.:coding:

My resolution is fairly similar to yours. I would like to actually finish some projects for a change and get them into the Hivewire store and some posted as freebies. I've got a new texture set for the Hivewire Horse that is finished except for the transparency maps for the mane, tail, and fetlocks. Then it's on to the shaders. I would also like to find a home for my Paul, Pauline, and Roxie stuff. I look forward to seeing the projects you're working on.

eclark1894

Visionary
My resolution is fairly similar to yours. I would like to actually finish some projects for a change and get them into the Hivewire store and some posted as freebies. I've got a new texture set for the Hivewire Horse that is finished except for the transparency maps for the mane, tail, and fetlocks. Then it's on to the shaders. I would also like to find a home for my Paul, Pauline, and Roxie stuff. I look forward to seeing the projects you're working on.
I honestly don't know how Hivewire feels about selling stuff for other figures, but I do know they currently sell stuff for Genesis and V4. Not much, but its there. I do have a store at CP where I sell stuff I make for Rex and Roxie, although I haven't actually made anything for Rex or Roxie in quite a while. And I do have something for Pauline in the works, but I kinda like to keep figures in their native stores, but that's me. YMMV.

Me195

Extraordinary
I honestly don't know how Hivewire feels about selling stuff for other figures, but I do know they currently sell stuff for Genesis and V4. Not much, but its there. I do have a store at CP where I sell stuff I make for Rex and Roxie, although I haven't actually made anything for Rex or Roxie in quite a while. And I do have something for Pauline in the works, but I kinda like to keep figures in their native stores, but that's me. YMMV.

I have to agree. I want to post my poser native stuff on a poser site and not clog up hivewire with it. I was looking into CP myself, but I don't like the limited number of downloads when you purchase something. I've seen your store at cp and there is a lot of good stuff in it. I really need to pry myself away from M4/V4 and focus more on Dusk, Dawn, Rex, Roxie, Paul, and Pauline when making purchases. There's another new year's resolution, not to buy any more M4/V4 stuff. I have too much already. "YMMV" Yam Mild Mosaic Virus? Just kidding.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Be more organized in my projects. ie, get a better work-flow going so that I can complete projects faster.
As for non-3d:
Continue to improve my life/health step by step.
Finish 3 stories/novels

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've successfully kept the New Year's Resolution I made several decades ago. It's the only one I've ever been able to keep longer than a few months.

I'm so proud of me :wink:

It was actually extremely easy to keep too. I only have to think about it once a year.

What is it, you say? (or didn't say). Why ... not to make another New Year's Resolution.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
lol!

Years ago, I read a thing about how to/how not to make resolutions. The gist:

1 Make no more than 5 resolutions, 3 or less is better
2 Make each resolution something with a finite goal (I am going to work up to walking 1/2 hour 3 times per week, for example, rather than, I am going to walk this year, or I am going to exercise more this year.)
3 Don't pick something that you KNOW you won't do/stop/start. Start with things you KNOW you can accomplish, but just need a little boost to get going.
4 Try to phrase it in a positive way, rather than negative, our minds don't like to be told what not to do. Always replace a bad habit with a good one for a reward. Instead of, I'm going to stop eating candy, say, whenever I want candy and I don't eat it, I get...x. (In college I said, I get to play a game of Gallaga or Tempest)
5 It doesn't matter when you start, or if you mess up, you jump right in again that day. Didn't make your bed you discover at 6pm?, Make it right then. Ate caviar at noon? Say, it's okay, I won't eat it the rest of the day.

Resolutions or goals aren't set in fine china, you break it, it's done, instead you do like the Japanese, and you make, Kintsugi (“golden joinery”) or kintsukuroi (“golden repair”). step by step you make a beautiful new you.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
We definitely sell things for other figures - there are products for many different non-HiveWire figures.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That sounds like smart goals Dakorillon..
S -Specific
M -Measurable
A-Achievable
R-Realistic
T-Timely
We have to do that when setting goals for work.

I don't normally do NY resolutions if I was to this would be it.

1. Finish at least 2 projects and submit them to the store before the end of the year.
2. Lose enough weight to drop a dress size by the end of June.
3. Exercise by walking for half an hour at least 3 times a week. (treadmill or outside)

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
That sounds like smart goals Dakorillon..
S -Specific
M -Measurable
A-Achievable
R-Realistic
T-Timely
We have to do that when setting goals for work.

I don't normally do NY resolutions if I was to this would be it.

1. Finish at least 2 projects and submit them to the store before the end of the year.
2. Lose enough weight to drop a dress size by the end of June.
3. Exercise by walking for half an hour at least 3 times a week. (treadmill or outside)

Let me make a small modification for you: 2. REMOVE enough weight.... The reason is to trick your brain. If you lose something, what do you want to do? Find it! If you remove it (Or drop it, or expel it, dump it, your choice) then you don't want it back. So, if you write down your goal (Recommended) put it in those terms.

Otherwise they sound like great goals! And yes, I think it was based on the SMART system combined with the FlyLady system.

eclark1894

Visionary
I've got some sleeping poses I want to put out. But then again, I've got a bedroom suite I could also put out. And this is where I get immobilized with indecision, and end up not putting anything out.