• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

New User Questions Pt. II

Tynkere

Motivated
Not even childhood memories have "Old Blackie" as that big!

I did find a photo of one that's how I remember him here.

Unrelated, but as I wrap things up, probably FAQ somewhere.

Suggested pixel size for imbedded images? Some sites require manually going in and setting to 600 for example; others size automatically.

Thanks again for replies and those reference photos. Hopefully I’ll find time to play with “Harry” and the lizard (Scaly?) later in the week. : )

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ahh I think that is a Percheron (if he had heaps of feathers it could be a Baroque style Friesian).

Images on here are 1600 x 1600 and under 1mb

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm sure its around somewhere, but I've done so many its burned into my brain LOL :p

Tynkere

Motivated
Percheron it is then. Don’t remember if he had long fur around his hooves or not. Probably not or would have remembered it.

Silly question, but do horses eyes reflect >1 light outdoors? Sun is oblique left, so assume that’s the large kind of blurry reflection in Harry’s eye. Not sure about the other three. Nothing but a field, a gray fence and a beige stucco wall behind camera.

Even sillier question: what are forum trophies for? When logged in had notice, “You’ve got a trophy.” Didn’t know they had them!

Thanks for reading and putting up with all these novice questions-- esp. about horses!

--Bruce

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Bruce, "you can earn trophies by carrying out different actions".

Here's a link to the page which shows a list of the trophies that are available --> Trophy Points

I suspect you've earned some of your Trophy Points because folks have "liked" some of your posts. :)

Tynkere

Motivated
@ Miss B

You must be very patient. So obvious when you point it out, but what do trophies do exactly? Just sort of ‘incentive spurs effort’ kind of thing?

@Rae54
That’s amazing! Took a few seconds, but when the reflection of the person popped out at me-- had to pick up my jaw from the floor! Have to play with “Harry” some more, but not worried about eyes now.

One last question I haven’t been able to find on the net. DAZ riding poses for DH2, might be only game in town for g3/G8 but not sure how that would fit with saddles & horse itself.

Happen to know if anyone makes G3 or G8 riding poses for HW horse-- western saddle or carriage?

Thanks for reading and guess this is a wrap.

--Bruce

PS: Thanks for kind words about Edward/Harry render. Might be a while before “Show us your HW horse Renders”

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
@ Miss B

You must be very patient. So obvious when you point it out, but what do trophies do exactly? Just sort of ‘incentive spurs effort’ kind of thing?
I would say, pretty much an incentive thing, though the more "likes" you receive, and the more "posts" you make, raises you in the Members standings. If you click on the Members link at the top of the forum, there are about 5 or 6 lists depending on amount of Posts/Messages, Likes received, most Points received, etc. Other than those listings, they just show folks how active you are, and how well "liked" your posts are. Oh and you can win trophies for uploading a lot of Resources, which is the one Thropy I haven't won . . . . yet. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I there is one lot of poses I know of for G8F and Harry over at Rendo. There are a heap for DH2 that I use and tweak slightly as needed (I find most need tweaking anyway even for DH2 because I really don't think in most cases the people making the poses know horses because the people are normally sitting in the wrong spot!).

There are a couple on here for Dawn and Harry: Dawn of The Horse - A Don Albert 3D Creation and A Girl and Her Horse Poses for Dawn and the HiveWire Horse - A Morris 3D Creation and heaps for just Harry. And a few on Sharecg as well. People have said Dawn poses well with G2F with a bit of tweaking but I don't know if that work the other way. Not much in way of the boys tho.

I would definitely put the render in the “Show us your HW horse Renders” thread.

Tynkere

Motivated
@Miss B

Every board different I guess. One had badges to go with ‘trophies.’ Create a survey just because I like how the badge looks... ;-D

@Rae134

More for the females than males-- par for the course?

Mentioned ‘wrong place’ in saddle. Would like to have it as authentic as possible.

In both examples, they need to be moved forward or back? Remember being in middle of saddle, so actors need to move forward?

Best photo I could find, she's sitting way back. Link

Anyway this should keep me busy. If something can possibly be rigged-- seems that it has!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Most of the time I find in the poses they are too far back (if they were riding bareback).

I'm sorry but I don't ride western, maybe @CWRW could help? To me, the first guy doesn't look like he is "sitting" in the saddle like the second one does. But the second one looks like the stirrups are too short, his legs need to be straighter (too much bend in the knees, it looks more what you would see in English but still with a tiny bit too much bend in the leg)

Tynkere

Motivated
Thanks for reference. Side view more difficult to find than I thought, or search skills not that good.

Guess that will do it!

Once again, want to thank you for all your help. Hadn’t expected such a long back & forth-- much appreciated!

--Bruce