• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

needing free mesh cleanup tool

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I need a straight forward way to load a obj, find and delete extra faces and such, I've been told to that some of the obj's Ive made have had two mtl files.. I'm poor so I need something free and easy to use. a clear set of instructios or tutorial is always nice too.
any suggestions?

English Bob

Adventurous
Two handy freebies to have in your toolbox are UVMapper Classic and STOMP. UVMapper will clean up many malformed OBJs just by loading it and then re-saving. STOMP has options which ought to help with MTL files and other problems.

I don't know about deleting extra faces since 'extra' is a subjective term - how is the program to know you didn't mean to put that face there? It's hard to be specific without knowing more about the problems you're having, but of course you can always ask here. I can look at an example for you if you like.