• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Need help fast, Using a mask to mix materials

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yap you can do it with a map too.

Set your shader up for metal, but you are going to have to have some translucency to the metal color so that your bone mat comes through underneath if that is what you are going for.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Rolf it can be!! Sorry!

Best way would be a pbr shader in Iray, but you can do it like this.

So are the claws a material zone or are they attached to the whole arm, and sorry if you already stated this?

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hmm...... probably that only easy solution then would be to put a metal texture map on them for Daz. You can do the shader, but it's going to be the whole arm + the claws. In your map if you simulate how the metal is reflected in the poser version it will render pretty close to how it looks in the Poser version. I don't know of a way you can just go in there and block off that particular section and then use a shader on it to get the metal look.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Not that I know of, but you might ask someone that has more experience with it and see. You might talk to Pendraia or Seliah.

LOL this is my Issue in Poser !!!

I can save out a transmap only in Daz, but in Poser I have to do the complete mat save. Rather frustrating, as I have to save alternate transmaps for two different petal shapes for each individual color when in Daz I just apply the transmap.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
The texture set is looking good though!! I saw your posts over in the cat thread !! Really like how the eyes look! Reminds me of that movie with Val Kilmer in it where they got stuck on Mars and they had the robot skeleton like cat stalk them!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Well, I can tell you how the stones on the Slayer kit are set up, but you probably are not going to like it.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
LOL right now its more getting studio to load the blooming .obj and save it with out stuffing up the texture templates some how

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sorry only just saw this you can use masks in Shadermixer which is what I did here with the eye makeups...not sure because I don't use it but would imagine that you can do it using LIE also.

As you can see in the render the base is Dawn's original texture, eyeshadow is done using Kobalt's masks for eyeliner.

It's a Shadermixer network which means the preview won't show properly but I'm happy to give you a copy of the network to play with. You would need to change it to suit you though...
eyemask.jpg

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Pendraia if you can shine a light down this dark hole I have dug for my self I would be very happy lol I had a look a the shadermixer but OMG! node spaghetti! I couldnt tell what any thing was or where to plug things in