• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Nature's Wonders Sneak Peek Thread

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's a peek at the Western Spadefoot Toad

Toad1.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Now that the 3 Horse projects are done (2 of which hit the store today: RHT and RHT Materials), my next plans to start the easier "big" updates; Nightjars, Kiwis, plus the Birds of Prey and Waterfowl series.

I do plan to season these updates with some Nature's Wonders releases to provide some revenue for me... NW Frogs 3: Toads (about 3/4 done) and NW Ants (model almost done) are on my list to complete this year.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Your promo images for RHT and RHT mats look awesome Ken!! Love the additional textures!
WHEEE and you got DAP in there !! Time for some Chrome renders!!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Your promo images for RHT and RHT mats look awesome Ken!! Love the additional textures!
WHEEE and you got DAP in there !! Time for some Chrome renders!!

Thanks... I'm a fan of Harris Ranch, where I stop every time on my way up to visit Mom (LA to Lodi), so California Chrome was an obvious addition for me. For those who don't about Harris Ranch, they are a popular beef product producer for grocery stores, have restaurant (with incredible food) and dabble in horse racing. "DAP" on California Chrome's blinkers refers to Harris Ranch's horse racing division, "Dumb Ass Partnership"

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks... I'm a fan of Harris Ranch, where I stop every time on my way up to visit Mom (LA to Lodi), so California Chrome was an obvious addition for me. For those who don't about Harris Ranch, they are a popular beef product producer for grocery stores, have restaurant (with incredible food) and dabble in horse racing. "DAP" on California Chrome's blinkers refers to Harris Ranch's horse racing division, "Dumb Ass Partnership"

I actually have heard of Harris Ranch!

I've been a fan of California Chrome even before his Kentucky Derby win. He's a smooth mover and has a nice gaite not to mention he loves those cookies!! The media has seemed to embrace him and that is where I heard about Harris Ranch in his back story. I think the last time I got to watch him run was his televised Dubai World Cup win before his retirement. I also am a fan of Zenyatta and hope maybe one day to visit Santa Anita for the Breeders Cup.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
What I want to know is . . . who's doing jockey tack (or whatever a jockey's clothing is called)?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Miss B, Jockey clothing is called "Silks" :)

I would love Dawn/Dusk to have their own. I can get the ones I have for Genesis to fit in DS but I don't know how to do that in Poser yet (and my computer still won't render in DS without crashing :()

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'm not aware on anyone doing silks for Dawn or Dusk. Hopefully someone will... I occasionally create clothing but that only occurs after a 6-7 year period in which I forget how miserable I was doing it lol

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
The only way I can get the silks to fit Dusk/Dawn in Daz is via creating a Gen clone currently.
Daz has rights on the content, but don't see why someone can't come up with a Dusk/Dawn fit/Poser conversion for them if Daz allows it.

I do have a Jockey model morphs in the works though for Dawn and Dusk.

But would be nice if someone could make Dusk/Dawn their own sets. I'm also not happy with the plastic setting for the lighting mode on the pants.
Dusk Jockey3.png

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Miss B, Jockey clothing is called "Silks" :)

I would love Dawn/Dusk to have their own. I can get the ones I have for Genesis to fit in DS but I don't know how to do that in Poser yet (and my computer still won't render in DS without crashing :()
I second that , but Daz is much more forgiving in that department than Poser from my experience. Maybe Ken1171 could make a set ?

Edit to add: Conversion might be easier!

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the caldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg, and owlet's wing,—

Lol, can't believe I remember those lines still from Shakespeare's Scottish Play!

Love the Toad!! Should be great for Halloween!