• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

MyKitty

I have been playing with polypaint and Zprojection in Zbrush and this is an attempt to clone my kitty Lynx to the HW3D Housecat.
Sadly Zbrush decided to crack a hissy fit (user error no doubt) and would not export a 4098 map from the plugin so had to settle for this one, I had better luck previously with the DAZ Millenium cat but unsure what I did differently.
Anyway its free to use for those wanting another coat variation.
myKitty4HW3DHC.jpg

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
....Sadly Zbrush decided to crack a hissy fit (user error no doubt) and would not export a 4098 map from the plugin so had to settle for this one....

That looks very nice.

By the way, ZBrush won't allow you to export textures larger than the objects UV size. So if you imported the Hivewire Cat into ZBrush and it's UV size is 2048 (I don't have the cat so I don't know its UV size), the maximum texture you can make and export from ZBrush is 2048.
The only way around it is to remake the cats UV's to 4096.

mmm cannot find edit
here he is with LAMH

View attachment 29563
I like your texture, I have been working with Poser since Poser 4 and Daz 3d since version 3 and dabbled with Zbrush, but have never done a cat texture and would love to learn how to do textures for my two cats. If at sometime you could post how you did yours, I am sure that other people and I would be very happy