• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

My partner- update

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
My other half of 25 years was first diagnosed with cancer in 2016. They don't think he has very long left now. Thankfully, living in the UK, we don't have to worry about medical costs- I feel for those who do not have access to national health care. I've given up work to be able to give him the care he needs. I'll probably not be around on the forums much, for however long we still have.

UPDATE:

It's taken me a while to post this. My partner passed away, at home in his sleep, in February. He was cremated along with his bow and arrow, the florist did a lovely floral tribute based around the bow including his farourite pussy willow, and he was sent on his way to The Journey of the Sorcerer, which is the theme for The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. In hindsight, it is probably for the best that we had so little time at the end. Family, friends and neighbours were able to attend his funeral in person, held as it was just days before the lockdown started in the UK, and having him so ill during the current pandemic would have been very hard. I do feel for anyone who is in that situation, it must be such a massive struggle.

I've had lambing to keep me busy, positive and active, and the dog for company, and I have been gradually working around to having the appetite to get creating again. Hope to "see" more of people on the forum in the future as I work my way back again.

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
So sorry to hear this HaiGan. We will miss you here on the forums, but being by his side for however long he has is more important, so take care of him, and yourself, and we'll see you here when you can be here.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
So sorry to hear this. Yes, what Flint said, take care of yourself too!

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I am so sorry to hear this. Please take care of each other and make as many good memories as you can in the time you still have.
We will be here. Big hug for you both....

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

DanaTA

Distinguished
I am so sorry for this sad news. Being with him as much as possible is the best thing, for you and for him!

Dana

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
So sorry to hear this. Life is so hard sometimes. Being a caregiver can be exhausting. As others have said, take care of you, too.

Hornet3d

Wise
So sorry to hear this, make the most of the time you have left together but remember that looking after yourself is not only essential but is as important to him as you being there with him.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Thank you for your kind responses. My partner died peacefully in his sleep a few weeks ago. We were fortunate that his funeral was held just before the ban on gatherings. It's probably a blessing that he slipped away when he did, and is is not suffering through the current crisis.

I suspect that many of you are now in a similar position to myself, self employed with either no ability to work or with a greatly reduced customer base. Virtual hugs and sympathies from me. Hang in there. It can't last forever.