• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

My mother is stage 4

Rokket

Dances with Bees
She is going through chemo and radiation treatments at the same time because of how advanced her cancer is. She is trying to stay strong, but she has times where she is a little depressed. The holidays were rough on her because she said she was thinking that she might not see another Christmas. So far, her prognosis hasn't changed, though. That can be good and bad.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sending good thoughts to you and your mum Rokket. My sister had a hysterectomy just before Christmas due to cancer.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
So far, her prognosis hasn't changed, though. That can be good and bad.
I'm a firm believer that no news, is good news, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed everything works out in her favor.

:grouphug:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this for a loved one.
It's hard to watch someone go through the suffering from it.
My mother had stage 4 colon cancer but there were no treatment options for her due th the type and her other health issues.

My heart goes out to you and my thoughts are with you as well.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
It's great to have the support of family. Hugs and best wishes to all of you Rokket.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Yes there is a good atmosphere here that I don't see on social media sites. Forums seem to be friendlier than Facebook and the rest I think.
I know what Rokket is going through, as my 70 year old grandad is in hospital at the moment. He had a stroke years ago and needs 24/7 care, and over Christmas he got worse and was taken into Tallaght Hospital. He looks terrible now and I'm not sure he will be coming home. The adults aren't helping either as they won't tell us what's happening. They just whisper among themselves and tell us teenagers that all will be fine, as if we were toddlers that will believe anything.
But enough of my family stuff, and more prayers on the way to Rokket!

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes there is a good atmosphere here that I don't see on social media sites. Forums seem to be friendlier than Facebook and the rest I think.
I know what Rokket is going through, as my 70 year old grandad is in hospital at the moment. He had a stroke years ago and needs 24/7 care, and over Christmas he got worse and was taken into Tallaght Hospital. He looks terrible now and I'm not sure he will be coming home. The adults aren't helping either as they won't tell us what's happening. They just whisper among themselves and tell us teenagers that all will be fine, as if we were toddlers that will believe anything.
But enough of my family stuff, and more prayers on the way to Rokket!

I will add your grandad to the list I am praying for at this time. Don't be too hard on us adults, we may get it wrong but we are only trying to protect others even if it can be misguided or misconstrued.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hugs, Bonnie! I think it is better to be honest with those old enough to understand (which you certainly are), though I'm sure as Hornet said it's with the best intentions..