• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

My 3d graphic novel project

Hi all! I'm working on an original adventure story that I wrote which I will be turning into a graphic novel that I will illustrate using Poser 12 and 3D models from across the web and time (I've been purchasing and collecting for this project for YEARS). I don't have a proper title yet so my working title is the Shelby Bly Project. I created a website with all my current concept art renders and more if you'd like to check it out. I could use all the moral support I can get to push me towards the finish line of getting this novel done. :) The website is here: Shelby Bly Project

Here's a render of the aforementioned Shelby and my current draft of the introduction. Let me know what you think. :)

Shelby Bly is a twenty-something university student studying to be a simple historian with the goal of one day working in a temperature-controlled museum. Her father, Dr. Robert Bly, was once a globetrotting archaeologist and adventurer before his retirement. Neither planned for Shelby to ever follow in his footsteps. This mainly being due to the very protective Dr. Bly always discouraging his daughter from doing anything remotely dangerous. Now, the two plan to spend a quiet summer break at a dig site in Arizona to catch up on lost time but upon arriving at the site, all hell breaks loose.

Unbeknownst to Shelby, Dr. Bly has recently come out of retirement to uncover the one mystery which always eluded him; Vril. Learning of his plans to continue their work, his former partner Blair Nimway has concocted a plan to abduct Dr. Bly and force him to tell her all he has learned of the Vril and the Vril-ya. Using vast resources and brutal mercenaries from her company, GEEVA, Blair plans to find the Vril for herself, no matter the cost.

Refusing to sit by and do nothing after his abduction, Shelby decides to find the Vril Source herself and trade it for her father’s safe return. The truth is, although Shelby is determined, she has no idea what she’s doing out in the field. Luckily her father’s research assistant, Joel Rio whom she has only just met, volunteers to help Shelby become the adventurer she never dreamed of becoming. Her best friend, Maia Avanti, will also aid Shelby by using the sources she has acquired since working to become a journalist to provide them with vital information. Shelby and her friends will have to outmaneuver all of Blair’s GEEVA mercenaries to get to the Vril first not to mention Nimway herself. Other interested parties whom have yet to reveal their true motives or identities are also out there and determined to either stop Shelby or help her for their own gain.

Is the mythical substance known as Vril, which is said to have the power to both destroy and replenish life, real and will it ever be found? Do the guardians of the Vril, the Vril-ya still exist? Who else besides GEEVA is on the quest for the Vril? Can Shelby discover the truth before time runs out for her and her father? Will Shelby be able to become an adventurer like her father before her? Shelby’s life and the lives of those she loves all depend on the answers.

chr-full-shelbybly.jpg

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I bookmarked this aswell! Looks awesome and I can't wait to read about Shelby's adventures.
I must say, the first association I had with Devon Isoba was Chakotay. Don't know why :D

Thank you all so much!! :D Your words mean the world to me and so do your bookmarks! I'm still working hard on getting all the characters and locations ready for the future illustrations that will make the graphic novel. I hope to begin work on those illustrations sometime early next year. It will be (and already is actually) very time intensive but I'm looking forward to having it all done and ready to share with everyone! Feel free to spread the word as the more eyes the better!
:bounce: