• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

mrsparky's freebies-Print in 3d without a 3d printer: free tutorial, news and other freebies…

OK it’s not technically “printing” :)But my first freebie for ages is now available. A tutorial in comic book form. Star Wars fans should check the date on the comic for a little homage;)

A comic which shows how to turn (nearly) any 3D mesh into an actual tangible real world model.

It was originally created for an Outsider Art workshop last year. Outsider Art is where artists, for reasons of health, finances, etc struggle to access the mainstream art world. Something that art charities such as Outside In and many art galleries are attempting to re-dress with shows, events and (obviously recently) online.

Or here a workshop run by the world famous Pallant House Gallery’s amazing community programme and held at the 912 year old Chichester Cathedral.

For those that like real world modelling, I’m also working on another tutorial, how to make 3d water/mud without a 3d Printer. Plus there’s an update on the community workshop I’m slowly building up and yes that really is a motorbike for a dog :)

Or for those artists who prefer their material to be computer based, I’ve added 3 classic freebies back to the PD site. A site that’s been redesigned, using a lot of CSS, the store has been removed etc…so enjoy!

And the link is … www.poserdirect.com

Attachments

• Post_1_Garg.jpg
    Post_1_Garg.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 182
  • Post_2_freebies.jpg
    Post_2_freebies.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 215

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Fun! Thanks!

I moved this thread over to the Freebie Links forum and added "mrsparky's freebies" to the topic so you can use this to announce them all and folks will be able to subscribe to this thread to be able to know when you have new ones :).

Glad to see you back!