• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Movement morph for prop in DAZ

jonrea

Eager
Contributing Artist
Hi peeps,

I am trying to create a staff prop in DAZ, I already have this sorted for Poser, but would like DAZ people to have too, for my Dawn staff poses set. I wish to create a parented staff prop which slides back and forth along the shaft to allow it to fit the multiple poses I have created. The method I used to do this for poser is not working for DAZ anyone point the way to a tutorial which may help. I almost never use DAZ but have worked out how to parent the prop but this last bit has stumped my limited knowledge :(

Cheers

Jon

Last edited:

jonrea

Eager
Contributing Artist
Think i'm gonna have to give up on the idea of doing my staff pose set for DAZ for the time being, i've spent hours looking for tutorials on the web and I can't find a way to achieve what I did easily in poser.

3dcheapskate

Engaged
Don't give up !

Have I understood correctly ? You want your staff to be positioned in the figure's hand, and to be able to slide the staff along it's longitudinal axis (effectively altering the grip position on the staff) ? And you want to be able to automatically set how far the staff is slid from the default smartprop position on a per pose basis ? And you've already achieved that in Poser ?

Is your Poser solution simply a Poser PP2 smartprop file with a single part staff prop? Or is it something more complex (e.g. a two-part staff, or PoserPython script, or something else)

If you simply load your Poser smartprop in DAZ Studio does that work (it should, if you're not doing anything unusual) ?

Do you wish to create a DAZ Studio native (i.e. DUF) version, and is that where you're having a problem ?

jonrea

Eager
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the reply, yers you got what I was trying to achieve, I did it with Poser but was having trouble how to work out how to get that motion in DAZ. Thankfully, Pendraia has come to my rescue and I now have a native DAZ(DUF) version.

Thanks again :)

Jon

Daniel Hicks(OganicPic)

Eager
Contributing Artist
I'm needing help in creating materials from poser to Daz Studio format,and smart props in Daz Studio, never used Daz Studio much so, hum it's the BR Battle Buddy for Boy Bot