• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Morphing Fantasy Dress for Dawn

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I've not mastered that yet. I always wondered if you start with that and work outwards, or just work up from the hem, and then separate the mesh in the area of each breast and work on it afterwards. I never could figure out the best method.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Not in ZBrush, it's a bit more automatic. There is a "brush" for drawing out the circularity you want and then remesh the whole thing using the "remesher" tool and whalah you have a piece of geometry with the concentric spiral in place. This is something I do after I have most of the modeling done and I'm down to that and the material zone creation part of the process.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
This is a texture artist's dream come true!! LOL There is a dress at Rendo that is almost the same name as the one at Daz, but shrug you could call it Dawn's Morphing Fantasy Dress, but yeah shoot it off Lisa and see what she thinks about it.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'm sure Chris could model something really fast like this too but this is made at least but like Earl I have a hell of a time rigging and weight mapping so clothing is not my favorite thing to make, it's allot of work once the modeling is done. Texturing is pretty easy for me but yea, the rigging + is NO FUN for this Wolffie!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Have you ever considered making it dynamic? Considering the style/shape of the dress and the robe/cape (full bottom), you could easily do that. Then you wouldn't have to worry about the rigging. ~hint, hint~

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I may run it through the dynamic thingamabober I have in DS and see what happens! lol