• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

More Blender Addons...

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
It's the add menu. I also have grid, monkey and a block wall. I don't have the new things he mentioned, but I haven't updated in a while.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Suzanne is mostly used by people demonstrating some of the more arcane uses of blender in lessons. Like how to do uv maps on complicated objects. I can't think of a use otherwise.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
I found them. Go to: File Menu, User Preferences (item). Click on the "Add-Ons" Tab (top). Then on the "Add Mesh" to the left. The one with all the whizbangs is the last item on the list... "Add Mesh: Extra Objects". I now have a twisted torus....and there are many more kewl items.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
AHA!! I had looked at User Preferences, but always thought most of those goodies were JUST script add-ons. I didn't realize initializing that script would add more meshes.

Thanks Rowan. :)

Edited to Add: OK, well there's a very nice selection in that add-on, but I don't see a terrain anywhere.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I found it. It's the first add-on in the Add Mesh User Preferences. Kewl! :D

eclark1894

Visionary
Yes Shift+A works with the default Blender UI, but I'm still only seeing the meshes I listed above in my response to Earl. The Menu is Add > Mesh, which gives the same list of available meshes, plus a grid and Suzanne, though who would want to use Suzanne is beyond me. Reminds me of Poser's Andy. ~shakes head~
These are meshes from more add on packs Miss B. You have to turn them on in User Preferences for them to show up.

Attachments

• Blender2.png
    Blender2.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 308

eclark1894

Visionary
Yes Shift+A works with the default Blender UI, but I'm still only seeing the meshes I listed above in my response to Earl. The Menu is Add > Mesh, which gives the same list of available meshes, plus a grid and Suzanne, though who would want to use Suzanne is beyond me. Reminds me of Poser's Andy. ~shakes head~
BTW, Andy is actually quite useful, especilly for quick scene and lighting set ups.;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, but as the default scene???? Puleeeeeeeeeeze!! ~shakes head~

Miss B

CV-BEE
You and me both.

Meanwhile, that Terrain mesh add-on's not bad. Put the right texture(s) on it, and it could work into a nice scene.

TerrainMesh-1.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
These are meshes from more add on packs Miss B. You have to turn them on in User Preferences for them to show up.
When I look at the add-ons in the User Preferences, I just automatically think script/python. It didn't dawn on me that it actually gives you more meshes to play with. I haven't done anything with the Archimesh yet, so now at least I know where to find it. ;)