• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Modify Poser 10 CR2 to work in Poser 9 (HiveWire Big Cat!)

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hi Folks,
I know folks have asked about getting the HW Big Cat working in Poser 9. I have a way for you to do this. In fact, this method sould work for any Poser 10 + figures that use sub-d and unimesh.

PLEASE NOTE, HiveWire 3D will NOT support new products in Poser 9. They will NOT guarantee the HW Big Cat or any future products, will work in Poser 9.

So let's get started. This requires a text editor and some basic .cr2 editing.

1. Make a copy of the .cr2 and rename it. Something like HiveWireBigCatP9.
2.Open this in your text editor.
3. Change the version number to 9
4. Search for the following lines
subdivLevels 1
subdivRenderLevels 1
5.Change the values for both lines, to 0. It will look like this.
subdivLevels 0
subdivRenderLevels 0
6. Do a search for the following line
skinType 3
7. Change this to 0 as well.
skinType 0
8. Save the file.

This turns off the unimesh and sub-d and will allow you to use the HW Big Cat in P9+. I provide no guarantee that everything will work, but here are some samples from Poser Pro 2012

Capture01.JPG

Capture02.JPG

Capture03.JPG

Capture04.JPG

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
After you have the base figure done, you can change the version numbers for all support files to 9, and they should all work to some degree. Like the cub INJ files for the HiveWire Big Cat.
Capture05.JPG

For JCM and range of motion, you should turn Use limits on, for the figure.
I also recommend you apply the firefly MATs and use smooth polys option for your renders to reduce faceting in P9.

Hope that helps folks get some use out of our HW Big Cat, at least till they are able to upgrade to P 10+. ;)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh yeah. It is just that simple.

I sometimes forget to undo SubD when I'm saving my product files in PP2014, and rather than resave the CR2/PP2, I just edit the files and change the subdivLevels and subdivRenderLevels to 0.

Works like a dream.

I've never changed skinType though. What does that do Paul? Is that a PP11 setting?

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The skinType determines the skinning method. Poser 9 and pro 2012 established values for Poser and simple bones single skin- interoperable. Then this changed in Poser 10+ and they added Poser unimesh. Value 3 is for the unimesh.