• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Miss B-Bunny Bass

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'm really, really sad to tell everyone that Miss B has passed away. We just found out about it today.

Miss B's real name was Bunny Bass. She passed away peacefully in her sleep January 17th.

Miss B was a valued and very active member of this community. She joined the HiveWire forums Dec 2, 2015, was a HiveWire Beta tester and a Community Volunteer. She also did beta testing for some of our CAs, and could always be counted on to comment in forum threads - she was by far the most active member of our forum.

This is from her bio at Renderosity:

My main interest has always been in anything related to graphics. I started in Desktop Publishing, and after receiving my degree in Computer Information System and Programming, I turned towards the web and became a graphic/web designer/developer. Most of my graphic work is done in 2D applications like Photoshop, Illustrator, Paint Shop Pro and Apophysis. For 3D work I've been working in Bryce since version 4 (around 2000-2001), as well as Terragen. About 4 yrs. later I added Poser 5 to my bag of tricks, which I upgraded to Poser 7, then upgraded to Poser 9, and last year upgraded to PoserPro 11. I've also played in Carrara 8.5, and do a lot of my 3D rendering in DAZ Studio 3 Advanced and DAZ Studio 4.0 Pro. I've also tried my hand at modeling with Hexagon 2.5, but much prefer to work with the free modeling app, Blender. I seem to be better at modeling props than modeling clothing or characters, though I do have Silo 2.3, and actually modeled a simple dress, so one never knows.

Her Renderosity Gallery is here, so you can see some of her work:
Miss B's Gallery on Renderosity

Here is a link to her obituary, in case you want to leave a message for her family & friends:
Bunny Bass Obituary - Forest Hills, NY

We'll miss you, Miss B!

Rest in Peace.

May her memory be a blessing.

Attachments

• 1707195532955.jpeg
    1707195532955.jpeg
    9.2 KB · Views: 45

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
:( I know - I think I'm still in shock a bit...

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Miss B was always kind and helpful. Too many people I have known and liked have passed in recent years. Many may not even know that I looked up to them - I have never been good at social interaction. I am very sad to learn this.

I tried to add a condolence on the obituary, but it kept giving me an error.

Last edited:

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
So sad, but thanks for letting us know. Wishing comfort for her family and friends.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yep. Fun fact..that's more than twice that of any other member. And that's just in the public forums...things in private forums like the QAV and Beta forums don't count in that total!

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Oh no it is so sad , I loved Miss B , so great friend for so long not only here but also on Rendo.
She will definitely be missed .

Rest in peace Miss B
:cry:

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
One of the things I hate most about growing old is seeing those you admire pass on. Especially when that someone was as exhuberent as Miss B. Sleep well lady. May you find joy in the Summerland!