• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mil3 clothes for Luna

CNorth

Enthusiast
Hi guys, another question. Can I use Mil3 clothes for Luna? I didn't want to install everything, only to find out it was not possible (I really don't like Mil3 baby).
I know that I can use the K4 poses for Luna (with adjustments), so maybe their clothes could be used to for Luna?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
There's a thread here somewhere on the forums showing some conversions in DS. They weren't great but some parts weren't awful either. I think shoes and skirts were a pretty big fail.

Frankly, I didn't bother trying as I can model whatever I want so it wasn't worth the time.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Are you using Poser or DS? I haven't done much with Mil 3 as there are no clones for the Mil 3 Kids. It could probably be done manually though as I have converted a couple of items manually. I did convert Cupcake for Diva but it was a lot of work and I'm still not totally happy with it.

Lyrra was talking about doing some fit kits but I'm not sure which characters she was planning on doing this for. They would work in DS and Poser.
Clothing below is cupcake and sadie's dress for Genesis. Still has a bit of breast in cupcake at that point. I have since played with it in Zbrush but it's a lot of work as the mesh does funny things in Zbrush with many points not being welded together. I'm not sure why that happens.
BestFriendsForever.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
No but I don't normally need to do that with any of the other things I've converted in ZBrush. I would say it somethings to do with how the mesh was constructed initially.

No but I don't normally need to do that with any of the other things I've converted in ZBrush. I would say it somethings to do with how the mesh was constructed initially.
I know from one of the vendors I test for that some items are not welded corrected. If I look at the maps in UV Layout it usually has a nervous breakdown. I usually have to run them thru UV Mapper and weld them before I can even open them w/o trouble in UV Layout. So welding your clothes before importing may solve some of your problems.

I'm using Poser :) I found a cute outfit for Mil3 and thought it would be lovely for Luna. But from what I figure, it's a lot more work than it is worth :)
If you have one of the latest Poser versions, use the fitroom. It may need a few tries if that is your first try with the fitroom but it works. And then the Poser Morphtool will become your best friend for any adjustments later.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Can you do that in classic UV Mapper? I don't have the pro version...

@CNorth, it can be frustrating at time but other times it will be smooth and easy depends on the outfit and how well made it is in the first place.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I haven't seen LithUnwrap mentioned in years I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the link. I'll probably check out classic and see if it does do the welding.