• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Making of Boy-Bot

tate

Eager
Contributing Artist
What if the story of Pinocchio was not set in the past, but instead it is set in the future? He would not be made of wood. He would be made of metal. Geppetto would not be a puppet maker but a robotics engineer. These are the thoughts that where in my mind when I made Boy-Bot. He is an endearing and personable little robot who's dream it is to be a real boy.

1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

16.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
This was irresistible. I bought it even though I almost never do SF renders of any kind.
Well, maybe someday.
The closest I've come, so far, was trying to cobble together versions of the Tinman and TikTok last year, to illustrate an Oz story that was written by a friend of mine. I found all sorts of spinoffs from the Tin Woodman, but no version that actually resembles Neill's. Considering that the Oz character designs have been public domain for decades, I found that amazing.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Dang! This is perfect. You're going to fit right in sharing the wips and all.

Very impressive work! Yes! Yes!

Quality stuff!!!

jan19

Enthusiast
Very nice. :) He reminds me of the ball joint dolls that I like so much. That's what I thought he was, at first. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
He does and he looks great...I don't use the robots I currently have but it's very tempting to get him when I can afford him. I could use him to make resources for school...maybe.