Lyrra's Dawn DevSuit, My head will explode!

Discussion in 'Developing for Dawn' started by Faery_Light, Jul 6, 2018.

  1. Faery_Light

    Faery_Light Extraordinary Contributing Artist

    Hmmm, if I duplicate it I can do both.

    But, I am not sure what I did in Blender, I know I subdivided for some reason...sigh.
    It may have been too much as it is now very heavy.
    Ans all the little diamond shapes and holes were the result of that.
    Maybe in the process I managed to delete something it

    Might be best to just work with the original one I made before taking into Blender.
    I just worked on that one and added the Bikini parts, they are parented to the hip.

    So I guess I'd need to make a separate object file for the bikini.

    I've also managed to do a set of boots but want to work on them later.

    Here's the one I did tonight.

    OctBodySuit-1.png OctBodySuit-1a.png
  2. Doug Hunter

    Doug Hunter Admirable Contributing Artist

    They are looking good. I think it is a good idea that you are doing it in both Dynamic and Conforming - each will have their issues.

    If you have subdivided it and applied that modifier then I suggest it would be best to go back to the saved file before the change. (There really should be no need to subdivide this .obj). AND always remember to keep multiple saves as you are working (perhaps I should do that too :roflmao:)
    In Poser the Skinning method you use will be the Poser Unimesh so all you need do is set your subdivision level as 1 (or 2 if you use displacement maps) under your properties.

    As to whether to use a separate .obj file for your bikini, you can do that either way.
    If you look back to my first post here on page 1 the render on the left is one single .obj and has the bikini as a displacement in the material and the render on the right has the bikini as a separate .obj (btw the one on the left is easier to do ;))
  3. Faery_Light

    Faery_Light Extraordinary Contributing Artist

    I made a different one with the DawnSE DEV cr2, added the bikini parts and saved as an object.
    Imported it back and used Dawn as the rigging donor and now it all works right.
    But now I need to read on how to do conforming and Dynamic so I can do both.
  4. Doug Hunter

    Doug Hunter Admirable Contributing Artist

  5. Faery_Light

    Faery_Light Extraordinary Contributing Artist

    Spoke too soon, all three styles still have texture stretching and I just do not understand how to fix it.
    Guess it will just go on a back burner...sigh.

Share This Page