• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Lyne's Adventures with Poser Dynamics

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Since this item of clothing was SO successful in converting a conforming pair of pants to DYNAMIC for Dusk, I'll work up a pictorial tutorial on how I did it!
David 3 clothing (so far) seems pretty suited to converting....
DuskD3Desparado.jpg

I can either use the boots that come with, with his lower legs/feet invisible, or use our own HW cowboy boots... I have yet to try either converting to dynamic or using cross dresser on the other clothing parts of this set. Cross Dresser may do fine with the cowboy Duster and shirt...

NOTE: I do have to make various buttons and buckles on pants invisible, because they just don't do well in the dynamic process...I tried to constrain the buttons on two pairs of pants so far but they either distorted or flew off.

One major reason I have started to tackle this type of conversion is that so many PANTS/SLACKS, etc. have the mesh in the crotch/top of inner thigh area try to stick together when I used either Cross Dresser or Poser's built in cloth fitting room.

Last edited:

Me195

Extraordinary
Since this item of clothing was SO successful in converting a conforming pair of pants to DYNAMIC for Dusk, I'll work up a pictorial tutorial on how I did it!
David 3 clothing (so far) seems pretty suited to converting....
View attachment 35427
I can either use the boots that come with, with his lower legs/feet invisible, or use our own HW cowboy boots... I have yet to try either converting to dynamic or using cross dresser on the other clothing parts of this set. Cross Dresser may do fine with the cowboy Duster and shirt...

NOTE: I do have to make various buttons and buckles on pants invisible, because they just don't do well in the dynamic process...I tried to constrain the buttons on two pairs of pants so far but they either distorted or flew off.

One major reason I have started to tackle this type of conversion is that so many PANTS/SLACKS, etc. have the mesh in the crotch/top of inner thigh area try to stick together when I used either Cross Dresser or Poser's built in cloth fitting room.

That is a great conversion. I've never had never had any luck with those. I definitely can't wait to see that tutorial.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Progress... I was able to make the D3 Desperado Duster dynamic! I did have to CONSTRAIN the collar/lapel and the cuffs, and was successful in also constraining the buckle closures! yay!! It will need a tiny bit of post, but making progress I'm happy with! Right now, just using the Dusk long sleeve shirt, may see about doing the Desparado shirt...but next most important are GLOVES (now that will be a trick- with two in one 'set'...I'll have to make one invisible, export, bring in and see IF - AND THAT'S A BIG IF- it will work being dynamic! The suspenders, well, not at all sure if they will Cross Dress, or I'll just have to fake it...

I did fake it with the universal boots...had to place and parent them, because there is no morph to make the shaft TALLER to meet the 'breeches' short pants...so Y scaled the boots, and placed...not at all sure if I will use those or fake it with the D3 boots...

@LisaB your texture for the set are GORGEOUS!!!! Look at that stitching!! Your maps really hold up super well!!!

Of course that is the HW hat!
DesparadoDusk.jpg

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks, Lyne. I forgot I made those! LOL

Me195

Extraordinary
Progress... I was able to make the D3 Desperado Duster dynamic! I did have to CONSTRAIN the collar/lapel and the cuffs, and was successful in also constraining the buckle closures! yay!! It will need a tiny bit of post, but making progress I'm happy with! Right now, just using the Dusk long sleeve shirt, may see about doing the Desparado shirt...but next most important are GLOVES (now that will be a trick- with two in one 'set'...I'll have to make one invisible, export, bring in and see IF - AND THAT'S A BIG IF- it will work being dynamic! The suspenders, well, not at all sure if they will Cross Dress, or I'll just have to fake it...

I did fake it with the universal boots...had to place and parent them, because there is no morph to make the shaft TALLER to meet the 'breeches' short pants...so Y scaled the boots, and placed...not at all sure if I will use those or fake it with the D3 boots...

@LisaB your texture for the set are GORGEOUS!!!! Look at that stitching!! Your maps really hold up super well!!!

Of course that is the HW hat!
View attachment 35483

Looking great Lyne.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
and then things just don't go so well... I spent a LONG time trying to get the best results for the Desperado SHIRT...but not really happy with
either one...still the cross dressed seems better...but why did the collar stretch with the pose!? argh!
DesparadoShirt.jpg

@Alisa uh...I think all these posts of my experimenting should be in their own post? One called "Lyne's Adventures with Poser Dynamics" ? And where would it go? in the Meadow or in the Poser software forum? I leave it to you- the IF AND HOW you can help...REALLY appreciate it, Alisa!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ah.... forgot... to look right, I'd have to just not turn Dusk's neck part... got it!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Moved as requested :) This'll be fun to watch - let me or one of the Community Volunteers know if I missed any posts that should be here!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks so much, Alisa! :) When I started this, I had no idea I'd go this far with it... :)
I'm busy with a full Dusk and Harry art piece using the things I learned...will be a while before I can put the tut together...it kinda grew in scope too... but stay tuned!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I have been continuing to work on trying out the conversion of conforming to Dynamic... I CROSS-DRESSED the David 3 Country Courtier outfit (used to be at RDNA) now is at DAZ... after not having such good luck with the long coat (like I did with the amazing Duster for D3)...ended up Cross-Dressing the entire outfit...because wonder of wonders, there is NO crotch mesh mess in converting to Dusk with this outfit/mesh!! It came out looking better than dynamic...

I'm still LEARNING more before I create the tutorial...being I have doctor app's and my tax paperwork to do right now...so quite distracted...