• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Loincloth for Dusk - RELEASED!!

eclark1894

Visionary
Needs some adjustments, but overall not bad.

Proof.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
How will you attach it, to the Loincloth itself? I wonder if a thin belt that fits low on his hips would work.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, now I just feel stupid. Can't even give them away as freebies, because I might hurt his sales.:(
Think I'll just go finish my house.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
There is always room for more than one sheathed knife, Earl.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Can never have too many knives! (According to my brother anyway. Holy cow his knife collection is scary!)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep, I'd take another knife :)

Maybe you could make it sit on the otherside if you want it a bit different? (so he has one on each hip) or you could even put it in a thigh/calf holster.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Or a wrist sheath. Or hanging from a cord around his neck, or... or ... or...

And any knife enthusiast will tell you that while any knife will do the job in most cases, it's always better to have the right knife for the job. And sharp! My ex sharpens his knives until he can easily shave the hair off his arm, but boy did it make cutting things easier.

eclark1894

Visionary
How will you attach it, to the Loincloth itself? I wonder if a thin belt that fits low on his hips would work.
It's attached in that render simply by parenting it to the loincloth, which of course is what you would do anyway. I actually have it attaching with what I conceive as a cord made of animal hide. That will require me fitting it better to the loincloth which I did not have when I first started.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's attached in that render simply by parenting it to the loincloth, which of course is what you would do anyway. I actually have it attaching with what I conceive as a cord made of animal hide. That will require me fitting it better to the loincloth which I did not have when I first started.
Ohhhh, there ya go. :)

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Another option could be to just have the sheath hanging on a cord that goes around the whole waist, independent of the loincloth. Then it could be used with other sets too.