• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Links for useful tutorials for Zbrush

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You welcome Pen, I hope you doing well , I like Michael Pavolich's videos on new Zbrush updates and new tools
Hey Cath, been very busy looking after my parents lately and haven't had time for much else, also had a tooth out which is causing me a lot of problems but otherwise it's all good.
I like most of Michaels vids but man that man is spastic sometimes veering off and talking really fast and then eventually coming back to his point! He must have one of those busy brains that just goes and goes and goes! LOL
He was showing the other day a way of slowing the videos down on youtube. You can also speed them up. I've found if I listen, pause, have a go and then go back and repeat I can normally follow him. In regards to doing things that others have always shown I don't know the story so can't really comment. I've been watching his videos because I find them really clear whereas many others I just can't follow easily.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Oh, I don't mean to sound rude towards him. He's brilliant but I have a mind like that too, it takes allot of will power to stay the course for getting things done. I think that's why hairdressing has been my path, it's short, creative bursts and entertaining my clients. Then NEXT and off I go again but it's a different deal! With 3D/2D work I can get overwhelmed easily and then I start another project and then get frustrated and start another. Eventually I'll start to get things done but it leaves my mind whirling around madly. Some folks voice things I just stay in the quiet with my busy mind! LOL

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Hey Cath, been very busy looking after my parents lately and haven't had time for much else, also had a tooth out which is causing me a lot of problems but otherwise it's all good.
I don't to saw you much around , I was wondering what keeps your busy, sorry about the tooth, glad you feeling better now, I think toothache is the worst of them all.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Oh, I don't mean to sound rude towards him. He's brilliant but I have a mind like that too, it takes allot of will power to stay the course for getting things done. I think that's why hairdressing has been my path, it's short, creative bursts and entertaining my clients. Then NEXT and off I go again but it's a different deal! With 3D/2D work I can get overwhelmed easily and then I start another project and then get frustrated and start another. Eventually I'll start to get things done but it leaves my mind whirling around madly. Some folks voice things I just stay in the quiet with my busy mind! LOL
Well some people like different voice to listen too, when I am creative I stay alone and quiet until there is nothing left of the creative juice , I am starting to be tired running couple of nights and half days .. but resting I will after

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Lately real life got in the way so been doing my thing. I got a very interesting package from my dad's surviving partner. My dad came out as gay a long while ago, but he passed from a brain aneurism about a decade back now, maybe longer. Clarance, my dads partner, was going through paper work and found my dads interview that he gave during the time me and my sister were suing to be put back with our biological family for her being an abusive, absentee guardian. So I have all that paper work. Reads like a novel and then I got a bunch of photo's of me and my sister that I don't even remember being taken. Other stuff like doctors appointments and other RL stuff. Tomorrow I'm planning on hitting the 3D stuff again!

By the way Cath, do you do most of your set up in DS and then export to Poser similar to how Paul does it? I've found that Poser's setup tools are just too fidgety and I can't deal with it. I'm asking because I did a successful set up and exported in CR2 and it did work in Poser but then found that the pants didn't fit on Dusk perfectly in Poser as they do in DS so I then started over in DS and got them expanded enough to make it work right but then the CR2 export when loaded in Poser none of my pants morphs worked. So I opened up the CR2 and found that DS generated some weird obj file that was non existent so I changed the paths in the CR2 to match the path to the CORRECT OBJ file. I got my fingers crossed that it works as it should. IF not I have no idea why this is happening! o_O

Anyway, off to bed. This old fart needs his ugly sleep! LOL XOXO

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Wow that is something Richard!

and regarding rigging stuff I do same way as Paul do , that how I made the Huntress for Dawn 1.. I still edited the weight maps in Poser version and linked to original obj . You need to create clothing on the low base of D2s and never on subdivided or issues with fitting , it is also handy to make expansion morph .
xoxo

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea, always at sub 0 level but now I have a new issue. I make improvement morphs in Poser using the Morph Brush and then when I save out the CR2 (overwrite the old one) and then bring it back in the morphs are like they were never created. So not sure what that's all about!

Top image is sock with fixed morph, the second image is the saved out/overwritten CR2 and then reimported back in and tested!

Sock Fixed.png
Sock Resaved.png

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yea, always at sub 0 level but now I have a new issue. I make improvement morphs in Poser using the Morph Brush and then when I save out the CR2 (overwrite the old one) and then bring it back in the morphs are like they were never created. So not sure what that's all about!

Top image is sock with fixed morph, the second image is the saved out/overwritten CR2 and then reimported back in and tested!

View attachment 68054View attachment 68055
I am not sure Richard, I never made any morphs using the Poser morph brush and not sure how to save it proper, I could tell you all about morphs process in DS and zbrush
You see when you create simple socks in Zbrush, you can use the render option smooth Normals ON, then when you render in Zbrush it will show you if the normals are too smooth and poke through the legs or not. DS smooth normals are different than in Poser, create expand all morph to be safe, small fixing morphs not good choice , you need to fix the whole socks geometry or make expansion All morph, easy way

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Richard,

I found problems in saving over existing pmd files. If I did that, odds were, the morphs no longer worked. So I started adding version numbering to my saves, moving each previous version to an "archive" folder. Once I was happy with the morphs, I then saved with the original name.