• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Known SSL issue with Android phones and tablets

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It's an interesting one Lisa as on my Samsung tablet sometimes there is an issue and other times it goes through no worries. Really weird that it changes...

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
I thought this was resolved since it seemingly went away one day. Since then though, I've noticed that I don't get the error when I'm on my home wifi network (via android mobile, not my pc), but I will get it when I'm on the public network at the bar I hang out at. Those are the only two places I connect to wifi at so I don't have a wider test base atm.

/edit
I also don't have the issue when I'm connected to Verizon's own 4G network, either.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I've found that the results vary...sometimes I get it sometimes I don't. When it happens I just switch to my iPad.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I am still getting the error sometimes but not other times. I am using an android tablet that lets me put this forum on exception but I still see the red box in the url box.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I am getting the error on the library computer. Also getting it occasionally on my kindle fire and Android tablet.

edit: I can have a work around on my android tablet and on the library computer but not on the kindle fire.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I know this has been a persistent bug, and I know you all have had lots on your plates. I'm just curious if there's been any progress made on it yet? Sometimes I get the error only once when first coming to the site, other times I will get it on literally every single click - and sometimes I will have as many as SEVEN of these boxes to click before the page finishes loading.

Also, other times it will pop these errors up while I am typing, which bounces me back to my previous page... it can really be a pain some nights, while others it's just one click and done. Yes, it's an Android phone.

Capture+_2016-12-07-19-28-56.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've never gotten those, but I do, on occasion, get a strange icon up in the address bar, and I think it's pretty much the same thing. I also don't see it all the time.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, I don't get it on the pc. Definitely only happens on my phone, which IS an Android. Normally, I only get it once when first hitting the site, and never again until I close the browser. But some nights, like tonight, it's awful about popping up in groups of 5-7 boxes at one time, popping up while typing, and with every click.

Thankfully those nights aren't constant, or I might not come in via my mobile at all. LOL

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmm, might be an Android thing. I'll have to check with my tablet one of these days, and see what I get, if anything.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I will say I sometimes get this message as well on my computer, but only if I'm checking the site at my local coffee shop, and not always then. Not sure what causes it.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
We have a new web developer who will be working on this and many other issues for us. Hang tight! :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm happy to hear this as well, though I'm only getting a questionable icon next to the address bar of my browser, not the popups others are experiencing.

I can say, this isn't the only site where I see the icon at times (not always), so it may have something to do with my browser, though I'm up-to-date with the latest version.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
We have this reported as being fixed. Please clear cache and try again. If you still have an issue, please tell us what browser you are using and if on mobile, what phone.

Thanks so much for your patience!

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I am using a kindle fire 7 but I do not know which generation. It is not the latest version but the one before that. I am not having the issue right now on the kindle fire but that does not mean it will not pop up again.

Leana

Enthusiast
I've had that problem randomly on my tablet too. It's a Samsung A6 with the latest flavor of Android, using the default web browser. The tablet is brand new, I got it three weeks ago.
Usually it works fine, but sometimes it displays the main forum page without warning once and after that I get the message every time I click on a link.