• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171's Products at HiveWire3D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have just released "Office Lady" for Dawn, and to those who haven't followed it's development at the 3D Content Development thread, it comes with 2 skirt options: short and longer.

Thumb_T295.jpg

Promo4_600x800.jpg

The longer one was a challenge to rig for the usual reasons, so I've added 4 body handles that can help even with the most challenging poses, such as this one from Dawn's "Everyday Poses".

BodyHandles.jpg

As seen above, a useful HINT to add an easy PANTYHOSE is by just darkening the legs color! ^___^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Enjoy, and don't forget to take advantage of the new body handles on the longer skirt to help with posing or adding flow. ^^

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Love this...I will probably pick this up Friday night along with some of the other things I want to get!

RobZhena

Adventurous
Ken: I supported you as an early clothes maker for Pauline. I used Wardrobe Wizard to convert Office lady to Dawn, but WW choked on a missing vert in the shoes (and usually does badly anyway), and the fitting room does a so-so job. Would you consider releasing just the Dawn and Pauline shoes as freebies for those of us who want to use the outfit on both? Cheers.

My Shoes Are No Good.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hi Rob, thank you for the support! Shoes (and gloves) are indeed an issue for conversions. I can't give the shoes away for free because people have already paid for them as part of the product. But there is a way to convert shoes with the Fitting Room that works fairly well, and I have used it many times. Instead of letting it adjust the shape on its own, and mess it up in the way, just use the shoes' translation, rotation and scale dials to move them into position and size to fit the figure, and then use the Fitting Room to just "Create Figure", with "Auto Group" disabled. You may still have to adjust the joints, but when it comes to shape, it provides the best conversion possible. ^____^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
You're very welcome! Also remember the Dawn version ships with 2 skirts, where the long one has 4 body handles to help with difficult poses. ^^

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Ken, I purchased Office Lady and didn't realise until afterwards it is only Poser. Are you planning on doing a DS version?

thanks

Pen

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Hi Pen! That's a very good question. I am still divided on keeping DS support because since 2013, its sales have remained rather stale in my whole store. This is what I wanted to know when I got started at HW3D, but had no data on this at the time. Now almost 3 years have passed and DS sales show no signs of picking up, so I am not so motivated to support it. It has been a big challenge for me to delve into DS, but the extra effort doesn't seem to pay off. Maybe most DS users prefer to "stay home", where everything is catered specifically for them? I don't really know, but it does make sense that Poser users have more demand for native contents after DAZ has departed from their market. Maybe this will change over time, considering the outstanding craftsmanship of the HW3D figures. I see more people noticing that nowadays, especially after the RDNA buyout. We can be hopeful for the future. ^^

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Cool...I'll most likely use it with DynCreator now that I've bought it. My bad that I didn't look closer.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
One of my beta-testers has reported she tried it on DS 4.9 and everything worked good enough to pass the testing. She said only the vest materials needed minor editing. I was a bit surprised, since DS was not included in the testing, but I am still using DS 4.8, so I don't know if something has changed. What version do you have?

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
That's the same version the tester has used, and she claims it works well. Have you tried importing the runtime into your "Poser Formats" section in the library management?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I haven't tried it at all yet. I bought the new Flip Mode Environment at the same time and I'm still waiting for that to finish rendering.