• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171's Products at HiveWire3D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@KageRyu Thanks, it was a long way from developing this workflow, up to battling the AI ban at Rendo, but once they saw my plugin, we finally came to an agreement. The plugin itself should work in any computer. As for SD, it has the same requirements as 3D rendering in GPUs. If you can GPU render, you can run SD. :)

@RAMWolff It will take some practice to produce good faces (and hands) with SD. I have been doing this for about a year now, so I have already learned all the tricks and fixes. I have followed this from the very beginning, even before A1111 existed, when it was just bare bones Python code, not even graphical interfaces existed.

SD works in stages, where what you did is only the first pass - hence the poor faces. A second pass would fix it, and we do it with upscaling. The reason the 1st pass looks bad is simply because 512x512 doesn't give enough pixel information for the AI to produce good results. When upscaling, the AI will finally get it right.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@KageRyu Thanks, it was a long way from developing this workflow, up to battling the AI ban at Rendo, but once they saw my plugin, we finally came to an agreement. The plugin itself should work in any computer. As for SD, it has the same requirements as 3D rendering in GPUs. If you can GPU render, you can run SD. :)
Sadly, I can not. My newest computer(s) is/are about 15 years old, well before the GPU render revolution. I obtained them refurbished (in 2015 and 2021) but are just mostly processors and RAM (Dual Xeon Hex cores originally meant as just render engines, one now used as a replacement for my workstation). At this time, due to numerous issues obstructing my life, I cannot replace/upgrade them. Still trying to muddle on with my art and animation, but it is hard these days.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
You can still run SD on CPU. It will not be as fast, but based on what you said, you should be used to it by now? We do what we can, right?
Lol, yeah, you could say I am used to it, started 3D in the early 90's when CPU speed was still measured in single digit Mhz - Good ole Commodore Amiga 500 clocked in at a whopping 7.15909Mhz, by 1994 a Commodore Amiga 4k Video Toaster Flyer with WARP Engine CPU at a whopping 32Mhz... rendering 1 frame at 4K film took 14 days and change. Ah...memories...

EDIT - this was back before serious health issues and limitted income as a result - that Amiga cost a pretty penny at the time of purchase in 1993.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
EDIT - this was back before serious health issues and limitted income as a result - that Amiga cost a pretty penny at the time of purchase in 1993.

Never had an Amiga, but I've got the cheaper ZX Spectrum 48K instead. After the Amiga era, came the bulky PCs on a metal box and we started the DOS era. I will never forget my first PC that came with that fancy red button with the label TURBO on it. Pressing that button was an experience on its own right. Hold and behold - you are now in TURBO mode!

DanaTA

Distinguished
I bought a Commodore 64 for Diane. She used spreadsheets and word processors, I played games on it. One of my favorite was Crossbow! then found out about programming. Not long after, I was on my way. Her brother gave me an XT. A friend instantly upgraded it to a Turbo XT. Never looked back! A friend had an Amiga. Actually ran a BBS on it. Had something on it that looked like what Bryce looked to me later.

Sorry for derailing this thread. You started it! :p

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
OH, that's exactly what I did following the YouTube video 'how to' so I guess I'm good to go then!

Automatic Installation on Windows​

1. Install Python 3.10.6 (Newer version of Python does not support torch), checking "Add Python to PATH".
  2. Install git.
  3. Download the stable-diffusion-webui repository, for example by running git clone GitHub - AUTOMATIC1111/stable-diffusion-webui: Stable Diffusion web UI.
I was doing fine following you, until you got to the "Run git clone"....
How do I do that? I've never installed Stable Diffusion, because it was always too complicated for my migraine/fibro brain, so, I've always just started and then said, "forgit it!" This sounded easier...until it wasn't! lol

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I was doing fine following you, until you got to the "Run git clone"....
How do I do that?

After you have installed Git, go to the folder where you want to install SD, open a command prompt in that folder, and type in the git clone command. That will download the latest version of SD in that folder.

I've never installed Stable Diffusion, because it was always too complicated for my migraine/fibro brain, so, I've always just started and then said, "forgit it!" This sounded easier...until it wasn't! lol

Here is the best guide for installing SD locally in your computer, which includes installing ControlNet. Skip to 2:23 mins to pass his Patreon part.

If you don't want to install SD, just use one of the countless free online sites, so it can run even on a potato, like these:

Playground AI
Mage: Free, Fast, Unlimited Stable Diffusion. Generate Anything You Can Imagine!

I was told PlaygroundAI supports ControlNet, so we can drop the OpenPose poses there too. Not sure about Mage AI, but chances are it supports ControlNet as well.

Hope this helps! ^___^

Last edited: