• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Beauties Down Under

The Buff-breasted Paradise Kingfisher is endemic to Australia and New Guinea.

Credits:

Songbird ReMix Kingfishers (Buff-breasted Paradise Kingfisher) by Ken Gilliland at Renderosity

Nature's Wonders Moths of the World Vol. 2 (Puiri Moth) by Ken Gilliland at Renderosity
Nature's Wonders Kiwi Burrow by Ken Gilliland at Renderosity

Emu Bush by Konstantin Kim at CGTrader
db AI Backgrounds 112 - Additional Waterways of the West by dbwalton at Renderosity Free Stuff
The Misty Woods by Melissa Krauss at Renderosity

Beauties Down Under.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Desert Bounty

The Giant Kingfisher is the largest kingfisher in Africa

Credits:

Songbird ReMix Kingfishers (Giant Kingfisher) by Ken Gilliland at Renderosity

Songbird ReMix Flock Formations by Ken Gilliland at Renderosity

Leaping Trout Props by FORESTER at Renderosity
Rock Collection - Real World Stones by DimensionTheory-EcoManiac3D at DAZ
Spiraea japanica bush by Ehsan-soleymannia at CG Trader
Animal Kingdom 1 by ilona at DAZ
db AI Backgrounds 125 - Desert Scenes by dbwalton at Renderosity Free Stuff

Desert Bounty.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Indigo Wonder

The Javan Blue-banded Kingfisher is endemic to the Indonesian Island of Java, one of the world's most densely populated areas. It is considered Critically Endangered because of habitat loss throughout its range due to logging & the conversion of the land to other uses.

Credits:

Songbird ReMix Kingfishers (Javan Blue-banded Kingfisher) by Ken Gilliland at Renderosity

Nature's Wonders Dragonflies & Damselflies (Orange-tailed Marsh Dart) by Ken Gilliland at Renderosity

Syams Tropical Trees by RPublishing at Renderosity
6 Trees collection by loki31 at CG Trader
30 More Sky Backgrounds by Victoria Goodman, AKA vyktohria at Renderosity

Indigo Wonder.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Dawns Rainbow

The Black-backed Dwarf Kingfisher is one of the smallest known kingfisher species, it is no larger than a hummingbird.

Credits:

Songbird ReMix Kingfishers (Black-backed Dwarf Kingfisher) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity
Nature's Wonders Moths of the World Vol. 2 (Crimson Speckled Flunkey) by Ken_Gilliland at Renderosity

Bamboo DR by Raul Lunia (Dinoraul) at Renderosity
Blooming Tropical Plants by MartinJFrost at DAZ 3D
Flinks Blossom Tree 3 by Flink at Renderosity
10 Sky and Clouds Photograph Backgrounds by Nelmi* at Renderosity

Dawns Rainbow.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Danger Among the Flowers

The Green Lynx Spider is a hunter spider. Its diet consists of insects & other spiders.

Credits:

Nature's Wonders Spiders of the World Vol. 1 (Green Lynx Spider) by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity
Nature's Wonders Spiders by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity

Nature's Wonders Ants (Harvester Ant) by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity

Nature's Wonders Moths of the World Vol. 3 (Festivum Wasp-moth) by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity
Nature's Wonders Giant Moths by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity

Poseable Peonies by esha at DAZ
Legends of Fantasy by Susan Justice (formerly McKivergan) at Renderosity
Public Domain Photo from pikrepo

Danger Among the Flowers.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Hanging Around

The Missing Sector Orb Weaver has spread throughout the world. It is named for its web which has a missing sector.

The moth caught in the web is just one of the prey items which is included with these Spider Webs.

Credits:

Nature's Wonders Spider Webs (Missing Sector Orb Weaver) by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity
Nature's Wonders Spiders of the World Vol. 1 (Missing Sector Orb Weaver) by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity
Nature's Wonders Moths of the World Vol. 3 (Ranchmans Tiger Moth Vol 3) by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity

Beautiful Nature Trees by Polish at DAZ
Special Place by JeffersonAF at DAZ
ALXN_MR Sky Vol12 by alexaana at Renderosity

Hanging Around.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
When the Swallows Return

On March 19th each year, large groups of swallows migrate from Argentina to San Juan Capistrano. Meanwhile people from all over the world travel to the same location to witness the return of these birds.

Credits:

Mission Bells by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity
Songbird ReMix Characters v2 (Cliff Swallow) by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity

California Poppy by BalanceConnected at ShareCG
Desert Cacti and Joshua Trees by MartinJFrost at DAZ

When the Swallows Return.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Bamboo Garden

The Little Spiderhunter's diet consists of Nectar, insects, and spiders found in gardens, among other places.

Credits:

Songbird ReMix Spiderhunters of the World (Little Spiderhunter) by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity
Nature's Wonders Spiders of the World Vol. 1 (European Garden Spider) by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity

Lisa's Botanicals - Dahlia by Lisas_Botanicals at Renderosity

Beautiful Asia Backgrounds 2 by ellearden, Kachinadoll, Rainaverse at Renderosity

Bamboo Garden.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Breakfast Snack

The Spectacled Spiderhunter is a bird of Tropical Asia. It is the heaviest of the sunbirds.

Credits:

Songbird ReMix Spiderhunters of the World (Spectacled Spiderhunter) by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity

Nature's Wonders Spiders of the World Vol. 1 (European Garden Spider) by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity

Myrtle bush red flowers by AZ-studio at CG Trader
Evening Grandeur by PhotoGG formerly at HiveWire3D

Breakfast Snack.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Fight for Survival

In 1984 there were only 23 California Condors left in the world. Thanks to a carefully managed, captive-breeding program, their population rose to over 500. But their numbers are threatened again. By April of this year, 21 of the Condors had died from Avian flu. Heroic efforts are now underway to prevent the spread of this disease, so that the return of the Condors may continue to be one of the greatest success stories in conservation.

Credits:

Songbird ReMix Condors (California Condor) by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity

Monolith II by Caisson formerly at HiveWire3D
Senna artemisioides by Evermotion at CG Trader
Bonsai 2 by Dima110 at CG Trader
Public Domain Photo from GoodFreePhotos

Fight For Survival.jpg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Songbird ReMix Humming Birds of North America by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity
Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flower
Leopard Prism Textures for Lisa's Botanicals Bell Flower

A Morning Snack
Artistic Render.jpg

I just got the peafowl ... so ..... itching to use them in some promo images. Really not sure though LOL Flint got any pointers?

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Here is one tip that may help you, if you don't know this already. There are 3 diamond-shaped "Controllers" on each wing of Ken's birds (as indicated by the red arrows I have added). When you click on anyone of them, dials for the movements it controls show up under Parameters. This allows you to make fine adjustments.

Controllers.jpg

Another tip that makes the birds come to life is turning their head, so they appear to be looking at something.

Good luck!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I always suggest also looking at the real-life subjects, either in person or via images/videos. Peacocks, for example are easy for me, there's a feral muster of peafowl a few blocks from our house and every couple weeks we have to chase them out of garden (they can harm the wildlife our native garden attracts).

IMG_2470.JPG

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Here is one tip that may help you, if you don't know this already. There are 3 diamond-shaped "Controllers" on each wing of Ken's birds (as indicated by the red arrows I have added). When you click on anyone of them, dials for the movements it controls show up under Parameters. This allows you to make fine adjustments.

View attachment 77892

Another tip that makes the birds come to life is turning their head, so they appear to be looking at something.

Good luck!
Thanks for the tips Flint!! I will for sure take it into account. Yes, now that you mention it turning the head to look at someone would be a great option to draw the viewer into the scene.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I always suggest also looking at the real-life subjects, either in person or via images/videos. Peacocks, for example are easy for me, there's a feral muster of peafowl a few blocks from our house and every couple weeks we have to chase them out of garden (they can harm the wildlife our native garden attracts).

View attachment 77893
I was not aware of this. Lol so they are kind of like range chickens or ... geese. As I have been chased a time or two by the latter! LOL I will see what I can come up with. Thanks so much for the information on them and I will for sure take it to heart!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I'm building another reader's copy .pdf of a fanfic. One of the characters mentioned in passing is Edgar. A very old greater sooty owl.

Unfortunately, that is not one of the breeds that Ken has released, so far as I know. So I had to fake one from online images and messing with one of the other texture sets from his existing owl packages.
Edgar.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Aussie Blues

Coming soon to Renderosity are 10 Species of Ladybugs by Ken _Gilliland. I had no idea that there were such a variety. The Steelblue Ladybird, shown here, is a distinctly colored species that is found in Australia and New Zealand.

The bird is the Splendid Fairywren, which is also a native of Australia. It's diet consists of insects, including small beetles.

Credits:

Nature’s Wonders Ladybug (Steelblue Ladybird) by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity
Songbird ReMix Australia Vol 1 (Splendid Fairy Wren) by Ken _Gilliland at Renderosity

xfrogplants Torch Lily by Konstantin Kim at CGTrader
Autumn Thicket by Susan Justice (formerly McKivergan) at Renderosith

Aussie Blues.jpg