• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Kekoa For Dusk

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
Kekoa.jpg
Here is a render of a character for Dusk that I am in the early stages of developing for.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Oooo, he looks Maori too...Be super to be able to have a Dusk Polynesian character!

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
Thank you so much for your compliments. I am definitely going for the Polynesian look. I need to develop several tattoo options, so this one might take a bit to get together. I will update with some renders as I move along.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
AetherDream, your character is looking great, will he have a full face morph or just textures?

Last edited by a moderator:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think he's off to a great start, Aether. This looks really nice so far. :)

If you're going for more of a Polynesian look, can I recommend working the epicanthic folds a little bit more on his eyes? I know this is an early render, so if you're already back to working on his morphs, feel free to ignore my comment. :D

I really do like how he's starting off, though. Nice work on the tattoo also!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Would be nice as a separate morph because then it would be useable with other characters. So maybe something that could be done as an extra? And then it could also be dialled in at different strengths to suit a variety of Polynesian or other characters that have that type of fold...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, Dusk does have a couple of morphs that will affect those areas in his morph dials - that's what I was referring to in my previous post. Polynesians tend to have a bit of the more folded eyelids in appearance. :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
A great unique look. Love seeing solid support for Dusk! Please keep it moving forward to completion for sure.

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
Okay everyone, so I have been working on some of his tattoo options. My plan is to have 5 torso options, 5 arm options and five leg options.
Here is a render using one of my torso and one of my arm options that I am working on. I should also apologize for my really suckie panting on the sand. I don't quite have that technique down yet LOL!

background-84635_960_720.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The tats are nice. I also like the wrap/skirt he's wearing. Is that one of yours?

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
Hi Ms. B. the skirt is actually the dynamic skirt that KobaltKween made for the African set. I did a Tapa cloth texture to give it the Pacific Islander look.

Thank you Seliah-- I am trying to give him a unique look. I still have some work to do though and typical of me, I have a ton of projects bouncing around.

Last edited: