• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Kekoa For Dusk

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thank you Seliah-- I am trying to give him a unique look. I still have some work to do though and typical of me, I have a ton of projects bouncing around.

I think you're definitely on your way to getting that different look. I also like the particular brows you've chosen to use for him. I personally have a thing when it comes to eyebrows... they can make or break an entire texture, and his are nice. :)

I hear you loud and clear about multiple projects... I'm the same way! LOL

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
I know, some times I get frustrated with myself, but since I primarily do this for enjoyment, I work on things that I am in the mood for, which is why some of my projects take some time to hit the store. If I were methodical, I would be able to produce a lot more, but I have a lot of feeling for my art and so the feeling that I get when I am doing it is important. I will sometimes set aside a project when it starts feeling tedious. I love this hobby, so I am trying to preserve my passion for it and for me, that means bouncing around a bit LOL! I think that is how us artists are sometimes. I think you are right, eyebrows can really make or break a look.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
That's a really good way to do it, AD. I made the mistake of taking my passion for photography into a commercial operation and it almost killed that passion. I would have been a much happier person if I'd stayed doing it because I loved it.

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
Yes Lorraine, I did the same thing with photography. I had a passion for it from the time I was in the 6th grade when my parents gave me a 110 film camera back in 1977. I got my first 35 mm hard body Canon AT1(I still have this) at a swap meet back in 1983 and I took that thing everywhere for the next couple of decades. I had a passion for nature photography, mainly I loved to shoot insects and plants. I did not switch from film to digital until 2005 when the SLR's got affordable enough to purchase and started getting to the point they could come close to film when I got a job as a photojournalist. That was a huge mistake. I lost my verve for taking pictures in my off time. I came to realize after awhile that all I did was photograph news stories anymore. No more art, no more fun, and it was a very deadline driven occupation. I did that for about 4 years. I had quit the job and about a year later I was walking around in the jungles on Guam taking in some last bit of the Island as I had to leave the next day, and I saw the Guam Ghost Orchid. It was late in the day with just a few hours before sundown, this was a flower that I had actually searched for repeatedly as I am a ghost orchid enthusiast, actually and orchid enthusiast in general. I realized that I did not have my camera. It was a mad dash to go back to my hotel room get that camera, and get back out there to get some pictures. I have occasionally felt that enthusiasm since then, but not nearly as often as I did before that job. I regret ever having done it. I will never repeat that mistake with another hobby.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Me neither. I now follow the edict 'if you are not having fun, you are not doing it right'.

AetherDream

Contributing Artist
Thank you Lisa, I plan to finish him up after Polly and a Dawn character I am working on with Luminescence3D right now.