• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

KageRyu's cave

• Thread starter Deleted member 325
  • Start date

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I may have lost/am losing another HD. I was working on an image, and when I went to save it was given numerous "Delayed Write Failed" errors and two partitions on one of my 2tb HDs vanished. When I rebooted both were back, and I am currently trying to copy nearly 2tb of data to externals before running disk scan and repair utilities. It is fortunate I recently purchased some externals, but I was hoping to use them for other purposes. I just hope nothing is corrupted as one of the partitions houses my main runtime, the other has all my frames, sequences, audio, and purchased content I haven't had time to backup yet.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Here's hoping you get it all backed up. I always have external backup drives, maybe because I always think something's going to go wrong, but it's saved me many a hassle over the years..

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Hmmmmmmm... Now, I was going to post some news about trying to get back to work, but then I read my last post here. That post involved the two partitions and the very HD I have been working to recover for the last 6 months - and it does indicate that I should have a backup that was, at the time of failure, only 6 months old... but where did I put the external HD I copied all of that too? Rhetorical question, I know no one here knows where I physically put it, but now I am concerned as I suspected I had a more recent backup than 6 years old, but could not locate them. Hmmmm...
I need to redouble my search, because then I will not need to reinstall nearly as much to the master runtime. I did not install a lot from November 2021 through June 2022.

In other news, I am going to transfer my development runtime to a USB HD, and install a bare bones of Poser 2012, 2014, and 11 on this laptop and try to get back to finish several Dusk/Dawn pose sets that I wanted finished back in the summer. I need to try to get some into my Renderosity store this month or there is a chance I may lose my store. I believe I had the Standing Around for Dawn close to finished, but may need help with promos as I will not have all of my Dawn content installed on the laptop - just the core figures. I will also need some beta testers.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Bad News, Good News, Bad News...

I have made little progress on getting back up and producing anything for...well...reasons (too much to explain and I don't feel anyone really wants to hear it). Still haven't found the missing HD backup or runtime backup.

I did make some progress on recovering files from the HD that I thought died - turns out it didn't really. I have recovered a lot more than previously, there is still some file corruption and lost data, just how much I will not know for a long time probably. I am trying to consolidate what I was able to save with older backups but it is slow going as I still do not have a proper work area and most of my tools and software are still boxed up, in storage, or otherwise inaccessible. No sign this will be changing soon.

Unfortunately, in the process of working to recover the bad HD it became an issue that it may not be the HD but the SATA controller on my workstation motherboard. Now the second HD is also starting to exibit the same behaviour. Both HDs when connected to an older Dell are recognized fine, and the only issues are file corruption where on the Workstation one HD will not recognize at all, and the other is fading in and out. So my Quad Core is currently dead. I can not really afford to lose this (not in terms of money but because many of the tools I had installed will not work on newer windows and there are not alternatives I like). So, while I will attempt to keep getting back into art and poser content creation, it is not likely to happen quickly.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
After a much too long delay, I finally got some stuff ready for Alpha testing, I moved foreward on some stuff I had laid out plans for in 2019 and never did as the result of the real life issues that brought everything to a halt. I will try to do some more tonight, as these days there is no telling if I will be able to get work done on any given day.

I hope to have at least 2 new pose sets for Dawn by August, and hopefully 2 more for Dawn and 2 more for Dusk by end of August. These are my hopes - sadly there is no guarantee this will come to pass given all that is going on in my life.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
:unsure: Just learned I need to redo hours of work on a product I was hoping was near finished because files saved improperly.
I am very sorry none of the products I was hoping to have finished and in the market this year have made it... after years of nothing. It has been very difficult getting back in to making products because life is still hitting me when I am down.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Making Progress again. I Just need to remember how to do something I used to know how to do, and I can call this product update finished and ready for testing. I just need to remember which product I used the trick on to look up how I did it.
These setbacks erode my confidence though.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I may be going mad but I swear I am taking Dawn with me!

WhlChrPose_02.png

La Femme too if I can.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Almost there...I see the signpost up ahead. It reads "Madness - next 7.5 exits"

Edit - meant in humor, related to product on the works...sorry for any misunderstanding.

Last edited:

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I have been distracted - I have so many projects and concepts in the works (Darn ADHD). I am hoping to get back to work on the Dusk and Dawn pose sets related to that Psych Ward product this weekend, maybe get the conversions done and ready for testing. I seem to just keep falling further behind.

On a different note... Do I need a new cave?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Just take it as you can. Why would you meed a new cave?