• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Just letting off steam...

Status
Not open for further replies.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I usually don't follow this kind of discussion, so this analogy was new to me.
But it's really exactly my last 3 or 4 players - no mp3, no apple formats, no streaming support... :)

eclark1894

Visionary
I will say this. Razor 42 is a good guy. I've never had any cross words with him and he's been very helpful and ready to give me help or advice if I needed it when trying to understand DS. That said, though, he is a DAZ evangelist and I recognize that. He will never take any side other than DAZ's. I say that because in all the contact I've had with him on line, I don't think I've ever heard him say anything negative about DAZ. And I don't think I ever will. I'd be surprised if I did. I on the other hand am more than willing to admit that Poser (SM) has made more than a few missteps in how they've reacted to DAZ's take over of the market. I also believe that is because unlike DAZ, Poser is only one of a number of computer graphic products that they own, and not a particularly important one. It's easy to dominate a market when your only real competition doesn't even see you as a threat... or doesn't care if you are.

James R.

Busy Bee
:stopthewar::stopthewar::stopthewar::stopthewar::stopthewar:

The Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ argument sure never gets old, does it?

Someone always has to trot out the sins of the past (or present) and awaaayyyy we go. Sigh.

Same arguments and counter-arguments for over a flipping decade now, since 'The Great Schism'.

...How many horses have been beaten to death at this point?

Can we just stop? :please:

Go make art, people. :drawing:

eclark1894

Visionary
:stopthewar::stopthewar::stopthewar::stopthewar::stopthewar:

The Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ vs Poser vs DAZ argument sure never gets old, does it?

Someone always has to trot out the sins of the past (or present) and awaaayyyy we go. Sigh.

Same arguments and counter-arguments for over a flipping decade now, since 'The Great Schism'.

...How many horses have been beaten to death at this point?

Can we just stop? :please:

Go make art, people. :drawing:
One that's always irked me is people who say they're tired of an argument, and yet they jump right on in.

I will say this. Razor 42 is a good guy. I've never had any cross words with him and he's been very helpful and ready to give me help or advice if I needed it when trying to understand DS. That said, though, he is a DAZ evangelist and I recognize that. He will never take any side other than DAZ's. I say that because in all the contact I've had with him on line, I don't think I've ever heard him say anything negative about DAZ. And I don't think I ever will. I'd be surprised if I did. I on the other hand am more than willing to admit that Poser (SM) has made more than a few missteps in how they've reacted to DAZ's take over of the market. I also believe that is because unlike DAZ, Poser is only one of a number of computer graphic products that they own, and not a particularly important one. It's easy to dominate a market when your only real competition doesn't even see you as a threat... or doesn't care if you are.

Not really a whole lot of difference there; DAZ3D owns Carrara and Bryce too, and they're ignoring the users of those software packages by not maintaining them at the same level as DAZ Studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.