• Welcome to the new Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • We are having some issues with our customized styles. The forum will be open with the default style until we can correct the issues. Thank you for your patience.
  • Welcome, Guest! The results are in for the "Spin to Win" Render Challenge! Come check out the final gallery!

Ivory

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Contributing Artist
I have been wondering if there is any way to do Ivory in poser.
For the moment I am only looking at the Firefly side of things either with or without SSS.
I am not too sure where to start but would it be close to bone?

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Ivory = SSS + Fresnel Reflection, with a roughness determined by polish and/or coating
Most of getting that to be different than, say porcelain, teeth, or skin is controlling the IOR (water is 1.33, I suggest going below that unless you want really polished or finished ivory), controlling the blur on the reflection (again, depends on how shiny you want it), controlling how strong your SSS is (how far light scatters within the substance), and texture (which would really depend on what you're making).

The _big_ thing is to get a good range of reference images with color neutral lighting of the specific type of material you want to make.

Oops, sorry, just saw the date. Well, I'll post this anyway, in case you need it.