• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Is there an official thread for Reallusion?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Got a letter about Dusk and Dawn and other figures that are going to working natively in the new Reallusion 3 software that will hopefully get more notice for these great figures.

My curiosity is that since my products are not selling well here, I mean Tommy and Tina were my babies, never even saw ONE check from sales... so that made me sad and my illusion that their sales were going to keep me going with the figures but alas it just left me feeling very deflated. :( So I jumped back over to the DAZ figures and while I like them just fine I miss the work flow of Dusk and Dawn ...

So now that Reallusion is making it's splash I was wondering how one goes about making sure that Tommy, Tina, other skin packs, poses, clothing and all the rest could be made to work natively in their program rather than relying on FBX to do all the heavy lifting.....

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
So now that Reallusion is making it's splash I was wondering how one goes about making sure that Tommy, Tina, other skin packs, poses, clothing and all the rest could be made to work natively in their program rather than relying on FBX to do all the heavy lifting.....
Hey Rich, long time no see. Anyway, here's a thread Ken1171 started about Reallusion's Character Creator 3 software, and Dawn, Dusk and a few other HW characters being used in CC3 -->

Dawn In Reallusion's CC3

Other than that thread, I don't think Chris or Lisa have made a separate thread about it, but Chris did post in that thread, so you may get the information you're looking for there.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yeah, Lisa and I were waiting for the BIG Announcement from Reallusion before starting an official thread here. I'll chat with Lisa and see when we want to do that. By looking over the Reallusion website just now, it looks like the content imagery has now been updated. Up until now Reallusion has just done there soft launch to satisfy the need to release CC3 by end of September as promised. They still have a couple more major announcements to come, as well as there PR promotional material.

We'll get an official announcement started shortly, and add to it I'm sure.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Thanks Chris. So the Dusk and Dawn you sell here will or will not work in Reallusion Or will folks have to purchase again? I know they have some good set up where maps are 2048X2048 and the full on 4000X4000 for closeups. I also notice they use allot of triangulated meshes or what appears to be that. Seems every bit as dense as the regular quad meshes from eying it on the web pages.

I did download and install the trial. WOW.. that's allot of gigs. Not sure why they have the older exe on the website because the second I got it installed it called for an update that was just as large. They may want to fix that as it's allot of bandwidth and for slower computers and slower bandwidths they may be shooting themselves in the foot for folks wanting to try out the software! :eek:

rampa

Inspired
You can use the ones you bought here. I bought Dawn and Dusk SE, and they transform just fine. Also did som anthro morph conversions using morphs from here applied in DAZ and then through the CC3 Transformer.

Attachments

• Hivewire.jpg
    Hivewire.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 181
  • deer boy.jpg
    deer boy.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 219

AniMajik

Inspired
Got a letter about Dusk and Dawn and other figures that are going to working natively in the new Reallusion 3 software that will hopefully get more notice for these great figures.

My curiosity is that since my products are not selling well here, I mean Tommy and Tina were my babies, never even saw ONE check from sales... so that made me sad and my illusion that their sales were going to keep me going with the figures but alas it just left me feeling very deflated. :( So I jumped back over to the DAZ figures and while I like them just fine I miss the work flow of Dusk and Dawn ...

There's always the Reallusion forum in the meanwhile, till HW gets something together.

Reallusion Forum

-AniMajik

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed, CC3's Transformer is a breeze to convert things with. For example, here's Dawn with Type-6 body and Skyla face and textures rendered with I-ray in CC3. Note she's wearing the HW string bikini and pumps. The hair is from Genesis. It takes just a few minutes to convert once we get the hang of it, and the clothing fitting seems to work better than in DS with the Transfer Utility. CC3 also ships with a mesh editing brush we can use to fix fitting issues that is similar to Poser's Morphing Tool, though not as powerful. Nonetheless, the whole process is rather simple and straight forward.

DawnT6_Skyla.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Wow, looks great Ken. Very encouraging.

We'll be looking to get our Sora into CC3, as well as Mr Pugsley, Ruckus, Gorilla baby, and much more.

Thanks, Chris! I wanted to start with Type-6 because it's one of the most extreme sculpts I made for Dawn, and CC3 had no issues bringing it in. The Skyla face is very recognizable in the CC3 figure, and it's worth remembering this is NOT the Dawn figure. Converting materials in Poser/DS tends to be a mess, but so far CC3 could convert Dawn textures pretty well, and they render well in both the default PBR and also in I-ray. As I said in the other thread, outfits conform better with CC3 Transformer than they do with the Transfer Utility in DS, and we also have the mesh editing brushes to fix the details.

All in all, I am impressed with the CC3 Transformer performance. It does a lot of different things with 1-click, and it does them well. Sometimes better than the equivalent functions from Poser/DS. Perhaps the most impressive is how well it managed to transfer the Skyla face morph from DS to CC3, because it looks very true to the original, considering it had it transferred to a DIFFERENT figure with a different mesh density and topology. I never thought this was possible. We can't do this in Poser/DS.

However, one interesting detail is that I can't separate Dawn from my Type-6 morph when using it in CC3. That means I don't need to dial Dawn before the morph is applied. However, I think we are required to remove Dawn from the morph before we can save it as a custom dial in CC3, but the documentation didn't help me figure out how to do that. I can use the morphs in iClone, but cannot create custom dials yet.

rampa

Inspired
Whatever you transform becomes a base. That is, it has no morphs on it. So if you need HW/DAZ specific morphs, do them in DAZ before exporting to FBX.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Whatever you transform becomes a base. That is, it has no morphs on it. So if you need HW/DAZ specific morphs, do them in DAZ before exporting to FBX.

Ok, I have figured out what I was doing wrong. The default CC3 figure doesn't load in the default shape. We first have to reset the figure back to zero morphs, and then apply the custom morph dial. I wasn't doing this part and it looked like there was something wrong with the morph. In addition, CC3/iClone has teeth and eyes as separate figures, so we have to save them to the library and apply them to the dialed character to get the complete set. I didn't know that, but now it makes sense to me. ^^

Last edited: