• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Is there a way to rescue a .duf that went crazy?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I was working on a mane, working on individual mane pieces to resize and reshape them for a project. and suddenly the whole screen went white. I went back and saved each of the pieces again as scene subsets and then restarted DAZ, that usually fixes stuff, only now the icon is totally white! I was able to get two of the pieces to reload, although their icons are all white, too. But if I load the Mane it all goes white again. If I delete the mane, the other two pieces are still there. I have done HOURS of work on this, so wondering if there is a way to rescue it? Thanks.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Okay, did a bunch of research on the DAZ forums and found you could open duf files with 7zip. I did that, and found a weirdness, in that a bunch of lines that should be 0,1 or 2 had "true" in them and one had 8.5! I did a find and replace with "1" and saved and it's working now! Just in case anyone else has problems like this, I thought I would post the answer.

Leana

Enthusiast
How did you save it? As a morph asset? If so the morph file should be in the data folder for your figure, under Morphs/<your name>/<product name>, as <your morph>.dsf
It should be available from the parameter pane when you select your figure

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
It will show up in the parameters where ever you have placed it. It's also possible to edit the path so you can change where it shows up.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have a similar question about DS. - I have saved a non-TriAx figure to the library, and it creates the "auto-generated" data folder with all the morphs. But if I edit one of them, we cannot save it as a morph asset. We get an error message claiming it can only be done if I convert the figure to TriAx. How can we save edited morphs in non-TriAx figures?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Not sure Ken...I've only ever done it with a triax figure or Genesis 3. Have you used legacy rigging or is it a prop?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
From what I know of Ken's project it's an imported cr2. I added some ideas to his main thread.... seems most of them are not going to work.

Ken, if your still in a quandary about this go to the DAZ 3D forums and ask there. I'm sure more knowledgable, maybe even Richard Haseltine may know how to help you.

Kerya

Brilliant
I have a similar question about DS. - I have saved a non-TriAx figure to the library, and it creates the "auto-generated" data folder with all the morphs. But if I edit one of them, we cannot save it as a morph asset. We get an error message claiming it can only be done if I convert the figure to TriAx. How can we save edited morphs in non-TriAx figures?

Does this help? Legacy morphs?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
What they say is that we can't save morphs unless the figure is Triax. They suggest exporting back to CR2 using DS, which would somehow preserve some kinds of morphs, but currently I am having trouble saving ERCs with multiple keys. Whenever I freeze ERC for one key, it seems to forget all the others. Once I solve that, I can come back to the morph saving issue. :)