• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Is there a place to report spam?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yeah, these scumbags will try all sorts of things. I really DO wonder how they can sleep at night...

I get those all the time, too, Esha.

The delete key is a wonderful thing :).

I often just don't answer or click on and off right away if I don't know the number. Problem with not answering is they often let it go long enough for my answering machine to pick up and then I have to go hit play and delete the non-message. A few actually leave messages.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's one reason why I like my current home phone, because it has an Answering Device built in, so I don't have to use my old separate answering machine anymore. I just delete it without listening to it from my phone's handset here on my desk.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The funniest thing about this is they said they have my phone number but I don't even have a phone! I have a skype account for calling and that's it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhhh, interesting, though I believe you can't make emergency calls with Skype, so I'm assuming you have a cellphone for that.

Miss B

CV-BEE
So how do folks get in touch with you? You need something in case of emergencies.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My Skype has a number that I give out. That's how everybody contacts me. Email is always best though. I know I need to get one. I watch my 7 year old granddaughter from time to time and her mom has expressed some concern about me not having a phone.

I just hate having another monthly bill for something I almost never use.

Miss B

CV-BEE
There are quite a few cellphone providers that aren't that expensive. If you only want it for emergencies, you can get an inexpensive flip phone. No one says you have to have the latest iPhone.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yah I had a cellphone for years then I moved to a different state and everything changed. Not exactly sure why. But I couldn't keep a cell phone going. I've gotten s a couple from Walmart but lose them almost immediately. I just looked on Amazon for one and found one for 50. I might get it.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
The last flip phone I got was $5, and I pay about $23 (inc tax) once every 3 months (Tracfone prepay program). That comes with minutes, too. More than I ever use, but I rarely make phone calls and usually text (1/3 minute for text.)

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Lately (maybe the last month or so), I've been getting at least 4 emails a day from some LinkedIn scam. I never signed up for it, but they probably got my info from some list I joined or a link on FB that went to a cute kitty video (yes, I am guilty of that). But every time I get them I tell Outlook to block them, but then they just send again with different email addys. Also I've been getting calls on my cell phone with area codes I don't recognize. I'm tired of wasting time blocking ppl every day.
LOL, I thought about getting a burner phone like the bad guys on tv do since those can't be tracked!! - kidding