• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Is my computer ready for Iray?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
hummmm...if Flint gets it, I MIGHT re-install and let her "drag me into it"... ;)

and guess we can't use Fabi's lights, since they are for iray...

and IS 3D DELIGHT FASTER?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Everyone is being so helpful, that I couldn't give up. I did finally get the hairs to render! This morning I used the preset for the House Cat by Saiyaness on the kitten & the hairs are way to long. How do you change the length of the hair?

:thankyou: everyone!

What I did (and stumbled on to by accident when I was doing "Daddy's Boots") is to scale the kitten up. Unfortunately without the full LAMH one can't directly shorten the hair.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
No 3dl isn't really any faster if you are using something like hair, it will depend on lighting and render settings and your hardware.
The fastest best lights for 3dl are Age of Armours Advanced Ambient lights which are a paid for product available at Daz.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
hummmm...if Flint gets it, I MIGHT re-install and let her "drag me into it"... ;)

and guess we can't use Fabi's lights, since they are for iray...

and IS 3D DELIGHT FASTER?

3Delight can be faster- depends on what lighting you use. And yes Fabi's lights are for Iray- her "paid" set are the easiest to use for someone new to DS and iray- she has a lot of great utilities to make things easier for iray newbies. (and even for not so newbies like me:)