• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

In need of help

pf2222

New-Bee
I always give up because I never find answers, I don't want this to happen again, please, help me.
I started watching tutorials to help me with 3d sculpting
And the first one seems to have helped (although my model looked less smoother for some reason)

but this
I did something wrong here?
All questions are on the image

ZBRUSH

An additional question I have is when I tried to extend the nose, it became blocky (some polygon stuff I suppose), how do I avoid that?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi pf2222 are you using Zbrush in conjunction with DS or Poser?

If DS I might be able to help as I have some practice in creating morphs and sending them back to DS. The thing to remember with morphs is you can't add new geometry but you can use brushes like inflate, move, smooth and a number of others that don't actually add geometry the other thing to remember is you (with DS) send over the base level geometry, from memory I have managed to use some of the higher subD's in Zbrush as long as they're already there and send it back as the base one it came over at. Let me know which program you are using it with and I'll try to help.

Also if you have a look at the zbrush forum I have one there that has links to tutorials that help when using it with DS or Poser.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
You have several questions within other questions there, so here goes...

Ctrl+N clears the whole canvas, that's how it is supposed to work. To ge everything back, all you need to do is draw the mouse on the canvas.
To work on more than one SubTool at the same time, you need to merge them first. You can merge different subtools by going to the Subtool palette, selecting the SubTool to merge down on the one below it, and clicking on Merge Down. You can move subtools up or down the stack to make merging easier.
The SubTool palette also has options for deleting subtools.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
About the Draw palette questions. First, you need to drag it to the left side rather than trying to copy and paste it there. Your images are in the correct places, it looks like you may be viewing your canvas from the wrong axis. It's no biggie, you can swap the images around in the Draw options.
The axis lines can be turned off in the Floor Grid options, although it's a good idea to know you X and Z viewpoint first.

By the way, are you on ZBrush 4r7 (your image is a bit blurry on my iPad and hard to see the small text)? If so, you should upgrade to a newer version as its free and there are cool new things to play with.
If you don't mind me saying, I think the tutorial you are using is a bit advanced if you are new to ZBrush. The Pixologic channel on YouTube has some easy to follow clips on all aspects of ZBrush that are a great help when sculpting organic stuff.

Last edited:

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I forgot to add in my first reply pf2222, that if you have a lot of subtools and want to work on them all at the same time, you can use Transpose Master. What that does is merge them all temporarily so you can work on them, then when you are finished working Transpose Master will separate the subtools out again.