• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I'm confused about "Media"

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Never done it myself but I see this menu just above.... see the Add Media?

ScreenHunter_38 Aug. 05 17.50.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
No, I was just typing more than you did, so you pressed the Post Reply button before I did. ;)

Thank you Rammie and MissB , hmmm okay this time it let me create an album ,but it wouldn't let me uplaod a picture ....is there a trick?

Miss B

CV-BEE
If you click on the album to enter it, there's a link near the upper right corner that says Add Media, and that will take you to a page where you can "upload" an image. Hope that helps. :)

Storta Miss B does it have to be a .jpg ,or a special size? cause it keeps telling me the file size is too big ,I render out to .png but a couple I tried were only 700 pixelsx600 pixels sooo that's not very big ....

Miss B

CV-BEE
No not that large at all, but it also depends on how much they weigh. IOW, PNGs are very often heavier than JPGs, so that may be what it meant by too large.

I only have 3 uploaded to my album, and 2 of them are portrait view at 750x1000, and one is landscape view at 1000x800, but they are all in JPG format. I don't recall offhand what the actual limitations are, so I'll have to check it out, as I'm sure there's something mentioned in the FAQs about album image limitations.

OK, I found the FAQs post that lists all information you need to know about the forum, including media files --> Member Privileges, Storage Space, Image Sizes

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Max size in dimensions is 1600 x 1600 pixels and 1MB max file size.

Hornet3d

Wise
A lot of my renders are quite large often 4961 x 3507, strange numbers but this is for a landscape print across a twin A3 spread for a photobook. Clearly this is far to high for uploading so I always create a Hivewire version of anything I intend to upload either to media or the forums. Firstly it is converted to jpeg (.jpg) and then the size reduced below the 1600 by 1600, and resolution reduced to around 72 dpi which is all that is needed for a screen view. Most image manipulation programs have a quick way of doing this so if you are using a particular program, mention it and I am sure someone here will be able to tell you the easiest way to achieve what you want.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I've moved this over to Questions, Feedback and Content. If any of our wonderful community volunteers sees something in this thread that might be good to add to the one below in the FAQ forum, please feel free to add it :)

Uploading images to your gallery

Hornet3d

Wise
What a lovely series of renders Carrie, they brought quite a smile to my face. Glad you managed to sort out the process and I look forward to more.

See my brain is going I remember posting them in my thread at the Art Studio ,but I didn't remember if I posted any here .......and I've been thinking how much more I like the forums here even if I mostly lurk .... and sooooooo well you know I 'd rather spend my time where I'm not constantly rolling my eyes or sighing deeply ...well unless it's at McGyver:)