• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I *think* this might be an illegal download site

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Maybe you should contact or go after the ISP instead. At least, you'll probably get the site removed.
That what I did and new pop up already again .. the other links was blocked by MEGA.nz , waiting for Google now , it is never ending story

eclark1894

Visionary
That what I did and new pop up already again .. the other links was blocked by MEGA.nz , waiting for Google now , it is never ending story
I'd still go after the ISP. They most likely have the name and probably address of whoever owned the site. A lawsuit or a warrant would force them to divulge it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
that is sad to hear and a shame

In the same period, my Scatter Tool P11 sales have dropped 45%, while scripts for P12 with DRM keep selling steadily. I have also found about 70% of my entire HW store products on pirate sites, and I don't know for how long they have been leaked. As if it was not bad enough that HW sales weren't great, almost my entire store was already being pirated. I have tried to take it down, but a number of people claimed authorship of my products, and it went nowhere - like it was already claimed above.

GOG is a video games store that claimed DRM is pointless, and removed it from all games they sell. I have been buying a lot from them - for years, because I want to support that. However, the other day an article was claiming there is another "store" that offers their entire catalog - for free. Even their domain has "GOG" in the name. Can't say I am surprised, but the fact that the pirate site has GOG in their domain name was a bit too much.

One of the main problems with DRM is that it locks the content to one specific software. With scripts for Poser 12 I guess it would work out since they cannot be used for anything else anyway, but imagine locking Poser content to Poser 12 only

I believe that's exactly what I said above. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
... Have you considered that it could be because people are starting to pick up the newest Poser version?

I like to think so, but a number of people have told me in private messages that they have no plans to upgrade for one reason or another. In most cases, they called to ask if I am going to release these new scripts for Poser 11 as well. or if I am going to update the P11 version of Scatter Tool. Poser 11 is no longer being developed, and Python 2 was deprecated and removed from the market, so I am sticking to Poser 12.

Last edited by a moderator:

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
The market is big enough for more than 1

Look how many people doing stuff that I do , I don't hate nobody, I am happy for them .. everyone will get what they deserve at the end, and nothing will change it.. customer is always right ! ..

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
... Have you considered that it could be because people are starting to pick up the newest Poser version?
I see a valid point here !

HarmlessCloseCaecilian-max-1mb.gif

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The market is big enough for more than 1

That's why I have invited more vendors to create scripts for Poser 12 when I had the chance to speak publicly through that Rendo interview. I believe Rendo made a headline out of that statement, and put it in the newsletter for all to see.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
What is DRM?
Digital rights management (DRM) is a systematic approach to copyright protection for digital media. The purpose of DRM is to prevent unauthorized redistribution of digital media and restrict the ways consumers can copy content they've purchased.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Chris & I are going to keep the thread locked for a bit to let people calm down. Then it MIGHT be opened again. We have deleted and/or edited some posts to at least remove personal attacks and insults.

Chris just summed it up in our email conversation:

We need folks to converse, perhaps even argue points without getting personal.

This should be REALLY easy. Don't attack other people or other stores or different software programs or vendors, etc.

If you feel that something is getting out of control in a thread, or you feel you are being attacked, REPORT IT. Don't start in defending yourself or attacking back and ramping things up. That's NOT how we do things at HiveWire.

Status
Not open for further replies.