• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I seem to have broken Poser, also.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have Poser 11Pro. I have updated to all the latest both on my Win 10Pro, Graphics card and Poser. (the last done last night).
I was running along fine, and then went to a new scene and poser froze and then crashed.
When I brought it back up again it was searching for all kinds of files like Toon5.obj and such, so I found all those for it. Then tried to load HW BigDog, again, missing files.
So, I went and did the update, thinking that might fix it.
I did fix the opening "lost" files. But, upon loading HW Dog, cat, anything it is looking for com.obj (which I have searched my drives and can't find that anywhere!). as well as looking in the wrong folders for stuff.
I deleted my HiveWire library link and then loaded it back in. Still missing com.obj and still looking for files in the wrong folders. If I tell it to NOT look for the com.obj or any other missing files, it will load the cat or whatever. But, it's going slow...

Any ideas?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Ah, I think I got it! My search was set to none. I changed it to shallow ( saw that on an old rendo thread) and now it's not looking for that.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I have mine set to shallow, especially when beta testing. That way it'll only look where it's supposed to be, and not in other folders which might have it. I usually run into that with textures someone reuses for more than one product.

BTW, just so you know where it is, it's in the Geometries > Balance folder, and mine are in OBZ format, which is the compressed version. I'm not sure exactly what it's for, but it's always been there.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, I have mine set to shallow, especially when beta testing. That way it'll only look where it's supposed to be, and not in other folders which might have it. I usually run into that with textures someone reuses for more than one product.

BTW, just so you know where it is, it's in the Geometries > Balance folder, and mine are in OBZ format, which is the compressed version. I'm not sure exactly what it's for, but it's always been there.
Thank you! Once I set it back to Shallow from none it started working again. *whew*! And Now I Know!

DanaTA

Distinguished
I would think that something named com.obj has something to do with communications. Like, phoning home. Does Poser still do that?

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not sure if the latest version of Poser still does that, as my laptop's always online, so I've never had that issue.

Kerya

Brilliant
Poser 11 phones home or dies ...
But an .obj file is a Poser/DazStudio etc. geometry file, I don't think it can communicate.