• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I need the Hive to help with this Renderosity thread, please

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Please, guys, go in here: Thread for those new to Hivewire figures and explain why you love the HW figures. Why they are your preferred choice.

Hornet, I'd love to see you explain how you used Dawn to create your figure and bring your story to life!

Satira, share how the HW crew encourages your muse to tell your stories.

MissB, share how they make your imagination come to life and why!

Ken........you know the drill.

There's lots of folks over on Renderosity who downloaded the HW figures for the first time. Let's kill all those nasty, incorrect innuendos and rumors once and for all. You have a willing audience and folks who are just experiencing Dawn, Dusk and Luna for the first time.

More than renders, explain why the HW figures move you to create art! Please.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well I stepped away from the Rendo market place and forums some years ago but I guess time moves on. I must give a lot of credit to Bondware for the way they approached and implemented the latest update Poser update. So I relented over the weekend I relaxed my self imposed ban on the market place but had no intention entering the forums other than my be in lurk mode.

So what am I to do when I have a direct request from Glitterati3D to jump back in. Well, I personally owe Glitterati3D a great deal for all the help and support she has given me so I really have no choice. Even if I did, this is a good cause, some of us have been complaining about rumours that Dawn does not work in Poser, I don't think we will get a better opportunity than this to prove she and the rest of the HiveWire 3D family do. I have added my comment and I will keep and eye on the thread but I would really love others to join in and add their story.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I know it was asking a lot, Hornet, but your character story for Dawn is so compelling and you may be helping others who wouldn't try it.

Thank you!

Hornet3d

Wise
I know it was asking a lot, Hornet, but your character story for Dawn is so compelling and you may be helping others who wouldn't try it.

Thank you!

My first reaction was to say it was a small price to pay but that would be wrong, it was not price at all and I was glad to repay in some little way for all the help and support you have given me.

My only problem is trying to get across my limited skills, which is why added the comment about it all being done with a few morphs and a lot of dial spinning rather than taking the figure into a modelling program. It really is a case that if I can do it anyone can.

The thanks should really go to you for starting the thread and giving us the opportunity show how good the HiveWire 3D team are, for many it has been a secret for too long.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've already been watching the thread Tracy, though rather than try to explain why I like using the HW family of characters, I'm more inclined to answer questions new users may have. That's mostly because I don't get to render often enough these days unless I'm beta testing, and those are never "final" renders, and unlike Hornet, I've never tried telling a story with a sequence of renders.

So, I will be watching the thread for sure, but I can't say if I'll be uploading renders to "show off" the HW characters. Of course, that's not to say that decision won't change at some point down the road. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
I've already been watching the thread Tracy, though rather than try to explain why I like using the HW family of characters, I'm more inclined to answer questions new users may have. That's mostly because I don't get to render often enough these days unless I'm beta testing, and those are never "final" renders, and unlike Hornet, I've never tried telling a story with a sequence of renders.

So, I will be watching the thread for sure, but I can't say if I'll be uploading renders to "show off" the HW characters. Of course, that's not to say that decision won't change at some point down the road. ;)

Help is probably the most important part, I know I would not have enjoyed the hobby so much without help and if it was not for the help and support from members here at HiveWire 3D I would not be posting Superfly renders in any forum as I would long have given up trying to make Superfly work.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, and what a fantastic spamming experience it is! We're all familiar with your Carol character from the Spin to Win render challenge, but all those others are fantastic as well. Way to go!! :D

Michele

Eager
My pleasure!

Thanks, Miss B...most of those have been posted here in some form or another. A few of them are even on the old-ish side!

Maybe my spam will help inspire some content creation. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
FingersCrossed.png
We can only hope. As far as seeing those Dawn sculpts, this is the first time you've posted them all at once, so definitely more noticeable, if you know what I mean. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
I am so glad Glitterati 3D started this thread over at Rendo, it is now up to three pages and those pages show a massive range of characters that have be created, not only using Dawn and Dusk but also the other members of the HiveWire 3D family. To me the pleasure of working with the figures shines through the renders and a couple of artists have been inspired to have a go and hopefully more will follow. This has got to be a great Shop window for the Hive.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I am so glad Glitterati 3D started this thread over at Rendo, it is now up to three pages and those pages show a massive range of characters that have be created, not only using Dawn and Dusk but also the other members of the HiveWire 3D family. To me the pleasure of working with the figures shines through the renders and a couple of artists have been inspired to have a go and hopefully more will follow. This has got to be a great Shop window for the Hive.
I'm glad I did as well. And, all of you have been warmly received over there and HW welcomed to Rendo.

That WAS the plan.

Hornet3d

Wise
The plan was obvious but not all plans work out, I think this one did big time. This has to be of benefit to both parties, for a start I have returned to the Rendo marketplace and my credit card is groaning as I catch up on three years of content. Building a working agreement with the now owners of Poser makes perfect sense for HiveWire 3D and even now has achieved more than the short and ill fated agreement with another marketplace made a while ago.

Not only does this show great promise for HiveWire 3D but Poser prospects have not seemed as rosy for years. Considering the immense task Bondware seems to have made a very good first steps and should encourage a few more into the Poser fold.

The only downside for me was the discovery that Simon-3D is no longer with us, I have a lot of his content but was not aware of the sad news as I was not visiting Rendo at the time.

I like to end mosty of my posts on a positive note so I have to say I am so pleased with the enthusiasm so many people showed in adding to the thread, I think it shows Hive members in a very good light.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
That's the whole idea Hornet. Someone high up at Renderosity told me they aren't looking to close any Poser marketplaces because a healthy marketplace is good for all of us. It's nice to see that attitude.

And, that, more than anything gives me hope. Seeing everyone come together to not only support Hivewire, but Poser and Bondware/Renderosity. I remember a time when that's what the Poser communities were all about - helping each other become better artists. When advice, assistance and good feelings were shared among the community.

And, with this move I see all that coming together again. All of us coming back to what made Poser great - each other!

Hornet3d

Wise
That's the whole idea Hornet. Someone high up at Renderosity told me they aren't looking to close any Poser marketplaces because a healthy marketplace is good for all of us. It's nice to see that attitude.

And, that, more than anything gives me hope. Seeing everyone come together to not only support Hivewire, but Poser and Bondware/Renderosity. I remember a time when that's what the Poser communities were all about - helping each other become better artists. When advice, assistance and good feelings were shared among the community.

And, with this move I see all that coming together again. All of us coming back to what made Poser great - each other!

As you say that sort of attitude is a breath of fresh air and a real blast from the past, it reminds me of the sort of community that I joined sometime around 2000. I thought I would never see such a community ever again and I seriously hope I am going to be proved wrong. I have nothing other than support for Renderosity both for the attitude and they way they have handled the ownership of Poser. Which is the main reason I moved back to the Rendo marketplace it is my attempt to support them in the same way I have supported those vendors who have continued to support Poser as it went thorough a difficult period.