• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
so, yesterday I modelled another egg!
in Carrara o_O
now I have two eggs :inverted:

Shanarah

Admirable
So, after I finished my super simple Yamcha render I wanted to do something a little more involved with him and decided to try my hand at making something similar to Toriyama's comic book covers. He had a thing for drawing vehicles and used the covers to do art of them and usually had the characters in some kind of vehicle appropriate attire, even if it wasn't their signature look. So this is my take. I dialed Yamcha a little bit younger for this one to place him around the time before the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai, but before he received his scars. At first I couldn't find a jacket I liked for him while building his outfit, so I added military style chest and arm straps to complete the outfit. When I remembered I had this jacket, which was exactly what I'd been looking for, I had already just about finished the first version so I decided to finish and post both since I liked both for different reasons (the other is in my media). I've thrown around the idea of cropping the background to make it even more similar to the comics, but haven't tried that out yet.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
At first I couldn't find a jacket I liked for him while building his outfit, so I added military style chest and arm straps to complete the outfit. When I remembered I had this jacket, which was exactly what I'd been looking for, I had already just about finished the first version so I decided to finish and post both since I liked both for different reasons (the other is in my media).
These are both great renders, but I think I like this one, with the jacket, more. Not sure why, it just seems to me to fit the scene better.

Shanarah

Admirable
These are both great renders, but I think I like this one, with the jacket, more. Not sure why, it just seems to me to fit the scene better.
Thanks Miss B! I think I agree with you, since it was what I originally envisioned when I started. But I just couldn't throw away the one showing his nice muscular arms. XP

Carey

Extraordinary
So, after I finished my super simple Yamcha render I wanted to do something a little more involved with him and decided to try my hand at making something similar to Toriyama's comic book covers. He had a thing for drawing vehicles and used the covers to do art of them and usually had the characters in some kind of vehicle appropriate attire, even if it wasn't their signature look. So this is my take. I dialed Yamcha a little bit younger for this one to place him around the time before the 23rd Tenkaichi Budokai, but before he received his scars. At first I couldn't find a jacket I liked for him while building his outfit, so I added military style chest and arm straps to complete the outfit. When I remembered I had this jacket, which was exactly what I'd been looking for, I had already just about finished the first version so I decided to finish and post both since I liked both for different reasons (the other is in my media). I've thrown around the idea of cropping the background to make it even more similar to the comics, but haven't tried that out yet.

way cool!!!!

Hornet3d

Wise
It had been a frustrating afternoon and Caoimhe was beginning to come to the conclusion she was never going to make a pilot out of Turlough. Even flying straight at a set height seemed just too much and what reactions he had were slow and laboured. With the sun now beginning to set she was about to call time on the whole disastrous afternoon when she noticed that something had changed. Turlough was not only flying straight but is height was not deviating, more than that, it was not deviating at all. She requested a turn which Turlough preformed with the precision that showed no signs of his lack of skill. Something seemed wrong and so carefully she drew up close and looked across at her wing man, what she saw sent shivers down her spine for he appeared to be asleep. She fought the need to call control and have them bring Turloughs craft in remotely. "How about a test strafing run" ? To her surprise Turlough responded so she read out the coordinates and watched in disbelief as her pupil performed the exercise with a precision some experienced pilot would find hard to match.

Hawks II HW.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
It had been a frustrating afternoon and Caoimhe was beginning to come to the conclusion she was never going to make a pilot out of Turlough. Even flying straight at a set height seemed just too much and what reactions he had were slow and laboured. With the sun now beginning to set she was about to call time on the whole disastrous afternoon when she noticed that something had changed. Turlough was not only flying straight but is height was not deviating, more than that, it was not deviating at all. She requested a turn which Turlough preformed with the precision that showed no signs of his lack of skill. Something seemed wrong and so carefully she drew up close and looked across at her wing man, what she saw sent shivers down her spine for he appeared to be asleep. She fought the need to call control and have them bring Turloughs craft in remotely. "How about a test strafing run" ? To her surprise Turlough responded so she read out the coordinates and watched in disbelief as her pupil performed the exercise with a precision some experienced pilot would find hard to match.

View attachment 65156
Where are those bugs that poop ballistic missiles...wait a second,,,,,These look a lot like my side burn trimmer...lol it is so cute when they hold hands like that... I could keep going all night long but my one liners get worse as I go....lol Love the textures and lighting