• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
512x512 is pretty standard. It's basically the default. No thought there. 704x384 is just a number in my head. It's full of numbers after 25 years or so 3d stuff. Muscle memory or some such thing.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
today I was facading around in Carrara ... with cubes and planes and the ivy generator
yes

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Older Luke Skywalker returns to Tatooine to reflect on his past and family. Image composition created with Stable Diffusion.

LukeSunsetTatooine.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I made this room in Poser, rendered with Superfly - but the seamless textures were created on-the-fly with Stable Diffusion. I can tile them all I want, and they are still seamless, even from one wall to another. In this case, I asked SD to create me a Mayan mural texture, and this is what came out. It's great for textures! ^_____^

Mayan Room.jpg

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
You can run Stable Diffusion directly in Blender for just this purpose. Not on the everyday machine however because of the GPU load. I see no real reason a Poser Python implementation would be much different. If the addon framework still existed in Poser, it would be quite simple I would think; but it was removed some time back.

I still see folks wondering why Poser is looking for IPI or Kinect drivers when they re-install after a time. It's because the addon framework is looking for drivers to do motion capture. Poser used to be happy to build BVH files from a Kinect or Playstation camera.

One could use the Poser Python implementation to create a GUI inside Poser to access Stable Diffusion if it is running locally like it is on this machine. It is then a matter of locating a suitable texture in the results and applying it to a surface. I don't think a lot of folk would find value if they have to configure a Colab

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I rather run Stable Diffusion separately, because it generally takes many tries to get a usable result, and it can do much more than just backgrounds and textures. In addition, Poser would be hogging system resources SD could be using, so I don't even want it running when I use SD. Like you said, only selected GPUs are usable with SD at the moment, so if it's a Poser plugin, people would assume everybody could use it. Depending on what I create with SD, the images go to different programs, so I like it running on its own. :)

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Nice one. Overpainting using the SD image for inspiration is a great use for this tech.

I've become much better at tuning the parameters to get a functional image in almost every circumstance. Faces are coming out well 85% or so of the time. Eyes are still an issue for me. Luckily, the eyes don't matter here.

Attachments

• clockwork dragon.png
    clockwork dragon.png
    617.7 KB · Views: 111

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
"Merida of DunBroch". One of my favorite tomboy Disney princesses. I love Celtic tales, and this one hits the spot, with all the awkwardness of clans and arranged marriages. Not to mention her hair was its own character in the movie. Created with Stable Diffusion, and quite some work to get a decent face and hand in Paintshop.

MeridaOfDunBroch.jpg

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The name of the Disney movie is "Brave", and I think you might like it, if you enjoy Celtic tales. It's about family, traditions, and Norsemen folklore. I see it as one of these ageless stories that people would still love if they watched it 100 years from now. ^____^