• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

seachnasaigh

Energetic
This scene was made for @bagginsbill's tutorial thread on caustics and underwater godrays. Rendered at 4K resolution in Poser 12's Superfly, the trick is to use a "gobo" filter/gel/transmap in front of an infinite light in combination with a volumetric water box prop which encompasses the entire scene.
undersea godrays vG5 1200p.jpg

For 4K bigness (3840x2160 pixels): Halo-pixie explores undersea ruins

Hornet3d

Wise
Not getting a lot of time in Poser these days but I am trying to keep my hand in.

It had taken a few days but it had been worth it, all the cores were on-line and the freighter looked as though it would make it thorough a time gate with ease. All they had to do now was get it safely to a trading port, hopefully avoiding any pirates along the way, and there would abe a sizable payday at the end of it.

Freighter Asariel 2 HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe managed to find a free balcony on the west side of the complex. She loved the view and also the sounds that echo around the balcony something that normally made her relax, well that and a glass of her favorite wine. This evening was very different, she looked at the craggy outpost of the rocks but saw very little, her ears were filled with the sound of running water but she heard nothing. Her mind was elsewhere. Over the last few days she reluctantly accepted that she missed Turlough more than she ever thought she would, the realisation dampened her mood.
She had meant to tell say something to him, words that was long overdue but they had remained unsaid. The fact that she missed him so much highlighted the fact that her decision to remain silent had been a grave mistake, now she worried it was a mistake she would never be able to correct.

Rocky Moments HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe and Turlough had been comparing notes and discussing the upcoming presentation for sometime, they knew it was going to be a hard sell. Any changes to the Colony were hard fought and discussed at length, sometimes with anger form some questers. Expansion was always the hardest change to sell but Caoimhe had one card to play that would shock everyone. She hoped she would not have to play it because she knew having kept Turlough in the dark was not going to go down well with her fellow presenter.

The Presentation HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
All the time they were chatting Caoimhe was trying to work out how best to avoid having to use the knowledge she had and, if she had to how best to present it. Her hope was that the meeting would agree to the expansion but if it was going against she would have no choice.

The discovery of another colony on the same planet would be a bombshell and one that would cause a great deal of concern and anger. Show would much prefer to keep the information a little while longer, at least until she had the full council on side.

The Presentation  CU HW.jpg

theschell

Brilliant
I wanted to do something truly Manga, so I let my inner Otaku out...
SpecialMaidService.jpg

Anime Girl Kristin, accessories, clothes and hair by me, ISOP Maid skirt and head-band for Aiko 3 manually parented and with custom textures by me (I've had them for years and can't remember where I got them... they may not be available any more), Additional scene props from various sources.

Rendered in DS 4.9 with post-work in Filter Forge 4 and Photo Impressions 4...

Hornet3d

Wise
The end of last week, with the in-laws away and the fact that my wife had not volunteered me for any jobs in the neighbourhood I was looking for a relaxing weekend and maybe even some Poser time. All that faded in an instant on Saturday morning when I switched on my computer and it failed to load Windows. No problem as I had a number of backup procedures, well I did until the first two failed for some reason. I was looking at the prospect of a clean install of Windows and all that entails and thus removed the side of the computer to recover the UBS recover key left there by the builders. Along side it I found another USB key that I had placed there a few years ago which held an Acronis boot procedure. With nothing to use I tried it and found I was able to transfer a 'C' drive image that is held in the cloud and updated. It took a while but I was able to recover the computer with no loss of data so at least one back up procedure worked, next time it will be the first one I try.

Anyway I even managed some Poser time.

Bowled Over HW.jpg

To say Caoimhe was luck warm about the idea of having something called a bowling club built within the colony would have been an understatement. It was not of her time or that of the rest of the colony in fact only Turlough had a clear idea of what was required. After a lot of discussion she had reluctantly agreed to the proposal for a number of reasons, it would provide a place for the inhabitants to relax, technology wise it was not complex and, most important of all, it was do able with the equipment and personnel they had to hand.

Now as she tested the new location, under the watchful eye of Turlough she was discovering that there were many aspects to this pastime that was not immediately apparent. Turlough meanwhile internally breathed a sigh of relief, if Caoimhe could take to it, it did bode well for the others as did the fact she appeared to be a natural at bowling.

Used -

STZ Bowling Club by santuziy78

STZ Bowling Queen by santuziy78