• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I have to tell someone

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I'm not suppose to talk about this because everything is still very unsure but I have to tell someone otherwise I'm going to explode. I can easily talk to you guys because you don't live here so you can't give anthing away.
Thing is, my wife and I are planning on buying a trailer at a recreational park and remodel that so that when we retire we have a gorgeous place to spend our time. You're not allow to live at a recreational park full time, in the wintermonths you have to be at your residence. Government doens't see caravans/trailers as real homes, o well.
The first one we tried to buy fell through but my brother in-law has spoken to some people who are thinking of leaving after this season is over. It might even be in our budget!
I feel like a 50 year old teenager, we have to wait at least two months before we know for sure, I don't think I can survive that long LOL

Phéw, that's out, you guys can keep a secret right?!

Rokket

Dances with Bees
What secret?:confused:

Hey, congrats. I hope it all works out. Having a nest egg and a place to hang your hat when you retire is always a great thing to have.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, Pommie - that's so exciting!! Hope it works out!

They don't let you live in a trailer full time? That's sure different!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Fun stuff, Pommerlis! I've been searching for the perfect RV to go fulltime in one. It's been a tiring and exhausting search, honestly. Soooooooooooo many scammers out there!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I hope it all works out for you. It sounds great. Trailer's get a bad name, but they can be fantastic especially if you put the work into them. And don't worry we won't tell :speechless:

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
They don't let you live in a trailer full time? That's sure different!

No, the authorities say they don't wish to "promote" elderly people living on recreational parks because of safety issues. Not even in Chalets, don't even want to start about trailers.
Yes, it's sooooo much safer in a big city. And in those narrow streets we have it soooo much easier for firefighters & ambulance to manouvre about then a recreational park.
I think it has to do with the taxes and all the extra's they can not take. If you would be allowed to live there we would live so much cheaper.
Doesn't matter, when we buy one we have about 18 years to pimp the thing into a place suited for royalty, we will live there except for the wintermonths and stay - according to the law - 3 months on our official residence.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'll say. I'll keep my fingers (and toes) crossed that you get the one you want.

Oh, and what secret was that? :whistling:

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Well we went and had a look aaaaand we've given them a downpayment.
If all goes well we'll be in on August the first.
The couple doesn't want to finish the season, mainly the wife says she'd rather have it over with. It's a very well kept trailer, just decorated in the years of Little House on the Prairie but that's allright. We will have at least 18 years to re-create out little get away in the romantic, English country kind of style.
We will be officially on holiday from the 6th of August 'till the 4th of September and it will be our first real holiday in 25 years.
I will try to finish the Gorilla set before then but I'm bouncing of the walls from excitement

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Woohoo! Congratulations and many wishes for a wonderful holiday! Where is the trailer at the moment? Is it something you can move if you want to?

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
It's at a recreational park where we allready wanted to have a spot. The trailer comes with the spot.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Absolutely wonderful!

In the US, it apparently is legal to live full time in an RV. As long as it's in an RV park.

Maybe in some places you have to be in an RV park, but that's not true everywhere. In many places (probably more rural areas), you can live on in an RV on private property. Depends on the local regulations.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Congratulations Pom, sounds like you've found your ideal, and it's already in the location you would've put it in any case. :D

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes indeed. I originally had added a comment regarding state and local regulations. Whatever one plans to do in the US, you always have to check state and local regulations.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I'm just popping in to let everyone know we are having a great holiday!
Taking pictures of the trailer of course. Noodles is having the time of her life out there.
C-you all in a week or so!