• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I have a bee in my bonnet!?!?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
update...and the mystery continues...

Just looked up an entomologist because bug noise STILL there!? My Mom had a guy that lived near her that enjoyed seeing/identifying all sorts of exotic bugs for her eons ago... it would figure if I needed one too cause my life is eerily like my Mom's in some ways...

I can call my AC guys too...but the are SO busy this time of year...trying to also be patient till next Friday for my gutter cleaner guy cause he'd have a better vantage point....

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
in e mail talk with my brother....
He asked:
Do you think this could be a vibration from a AC or something in a unit that is connected to your ,explaining why it happens at random times? Or even something crazy like a pool pump or something near by?

I replied:
I've thought of those things...IF my gutter guy sees nothing, then I may call a "bug guy" to ask advice... noise does sound too "localized & close" to be some one else's device "echoing through my vents...and my AC system is SO sealed why would I hear a "vibration" through it?? and it's only ONE vent, and when my AC system is OFF that I can hear it... I can't SEE up there to see if there is one of those small metal "vent stacks" in that position..(metal tube with a tin hat sort of attic vent thing)

I hear it when it's when it's clear, sunny & warm more...even tried banging on metal vent thingy with a piece of my vacuum extension, but noise did not stop or get louder... just the not knowing... I keep telling myself I'M SAFE, no one can see anything so far...and it CAN'T be IN the vent cause was told that cold air would kill any insects and/or they'd fall out into my room...