• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HW Adult morphs/textures on kids and vice versa

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
V4 etc had/have separate brow mesh so that if you wanted to, (and the textures were set up to use it), you could hide or change the brows interdependently of the face texture. It is one thing I wish had been done for Dawn/Dusk etc

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
What? V4 has that option too? Why has nothing been offered I wonder, to take advantage of that cool option since the V4 release?
As I said it was a great thing when V2 A To Z was released offering so many more options for lashes, skin tones and brows including braces for teeth and eye color and brow and lash colors and thicknesses. I miss not having it for V4. :(

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
What? V4 has that option too? Why has nothing been offered I wonder, to take advantage of that cool option since the V4 release?
As I said it was a great thing when V2 A To Z was released offering so many more options for lashes, skin tones and brows including braces for teeth and eye color and brow and lash colors and thicknesses. I miss not having it for V4. :(
If I remember correctly when V4 was first released she didn't have the brow mesh but so meany were upset about it that the did a update to fix it and that was V4.1 or what ever the last v4 was. (not on the art puter so can't check :) ) Most verndors however were all ready settled into creating for the first V4 so that is why you find very few textures that take advantage of the brow

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Plus the separate brows didn't always play well with a lot of character morphs.

It was a cool idea, it just wasn't well supported.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Yeah it could some times be a bit of a PITA to get the brow to match up with the morphs, mostly with custom ones, dial spun not so much

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Hm!
Interesting. Never really knew what all the versions for V4 were about. So as usual DAZ creates something to please THE PEOPLE but does nothin to support the new add-on like getting the artists there to create morphs and textures to support the updated brow functions. It is otherwise like adding a fifth wheel to a nice car and not providing a way to utilize it. Just throw it into the trunk as a weight for when you get stuck in something?
So, what does V4.2 give us that is ALSO unsupported?

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
V4.2 was the one I was thinking on Carmen :) just was too tired to think right when I posted that

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
No but you were correct there was also a V4.1 though short lived before V4.2 came out. I have it somewhere but because I was NOT using V4 at the time though I greedily purchased it, I never installed V4 or V4.1 and went right to V4.2.